Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postal buckles “Postschutz”

Hi guys,

I have questions about a Postschutz buckle and belt.
    The buckle itself is unmarked but the leather tab is marked Schmole & Comp., Menden and is dated 1934. The buckle looks to be nickle silver construction.

The belt has a faint stamp which is not very clear. This stamp is near the hook catch.

The condition is excellent to excellent + with a nice original patina on the buckle and catch(hook). The leather tab and belt are supple with just normal surface wear the belt.

My questions are. How scarce or rare is this belt and buckle set? Secondly, What would the value of this set be?

Thanks for your help.

Tiger 1
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

It is a seldom seen buckle, and it is much rarer to find it with the original belt. This buckle is the kind collectors are always pleased to have in nice condition in their collection, especially the nickel silver variant.
    Price is about the same as a nice nickel silver SS Buckle (and with belt comparable to a nice SS belt and buckle set).
    Jean Pierre Redeuilh
    All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Hello, the value of a very nice to mint postal buckle in nickel is about $350. the buckle normaly has a tab with the marking DRP and the abreviation for the city it was used in. (For example, "DRP. Brsl." for the city of brussels in belgium)
      Those markings are stamped in the leather or sometimes ablied with a ink stamp.
      The belt needs to have the same markings as the tab if you wand to prove that the belt belongs to the buckle. The value as a set will be determinated by those criteria.
      Let me know if you see the city abreviations.
      Marc v.

Comment

Postschutz

Marc,

The only other marking on this belt and buckle set is the number 110. This stamp is located on the inside end where the buckle is attached. I assume that this is the belt size. There are no other marks than the ones I posted previously.

This belt and buckle was complete with a properly marked P-08 Luger pistol and holster. This complete ensemble was brought back to the states by a US veteran.

Best regards,

Tiger 1
        An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Hello Tiger 1,

I try to never forget a question left a bit open. As of today, there is one Nickel Silver Postchutz buckle for sale at "The Ruptured Duck" website (Bill Shea). There is no tab with it, no leather belt. Condition is very nice but still a bit of oxidation somewhere (anyway you can read the add by yourself).
          Current price: $450

So now you can have a better idea about current price asked by reliable dealer in the US as well.
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

I have a nickel/silver Postal buckle also made by Schmole and dated 1935. The back of the tab is stamped "DRP' and "Ffm" for Frankfurt /Main. JP will be posting photos of it for me. As Mark and JP pointed out these are tough buckles to come by and easily bring $350-450. The higher price for those w/marked tabs.

Bill

Comment

for Bill
              Attached Files
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Postschutz buckle in iron??

Hello all,

Bandau/Patzwall describe a Postschutz buckle in iron in their book. Has anybody this variant?
                Is it possibly to see a picture?

Thanks

Christian

Comment

I have one steel postshutz buckle in my collection and have never seen another one. The construction is similar to the Assmann buckles with the curved prongs but there is no makers’ mark on the item.
                  Colour is Olive Green.
                  Marc V.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Back of the item, notice the curved prongs and the solder of the catch. Very similar to some of the 1940 SS buckles.
                    Marc V.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much Marc. No need to say, that it is the first time for me to see this buckle!!

A little bit surprising to see, that the iron variant is so rare!!

Christian

Comment

Postal buckles “Postschutz”

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Who is interested in Postal buckles?

(They are definitely SS related )

<o></o>

Marc

Comment

Seriously, don’t you think it is posible the SS Postschutz wore these??

Non-magnetic buckle nickel buckle. Always painted olive. The construction of the item on the picture as well as the maker is the same as the Gau Essen and other pré war nickel buckles. Colour and paint method is identical to the Gau Essen also. The feet catch is typical of this series of buckles. I counted two different manufactures for this buckle but at least three companies who distributed them.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Aluminium type. Always made by RS&S. As the nickel early models, they are also always painted olive.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X