No announcement yet.

Postal buckles “Postschutz”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminium type. Always made by RS&S. As the nickel early models, they are always painted olive. The letters DRP and the abbreviation of the city where the buckle was worn are always stamped on the tab. On the early nickel models the markings are stamped in the leather, on the aluminium buckles the markings are ink stamped but are also seen with the old method stamping
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Marc & all!

The Postschutz buckles is still one of the nicest 3.Reich buckles!

I think this portrait will fit very good into this thread.

Christian
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete
        Seriously, don’t you think it is posible the SS Postschutz wore these??
        Mark,
        I have never heard of this before!,below is a picture with cuff title in wear.
        does anyone else have photo's?
        cheers,
        Gary
        Last edited by Gary Wood; 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM.

Comment

GARY!! My comment on the SS Postschutz buckle was a joke related to the Gau Essen post on this forum!!!

Hope not to many took it seriously!!

I suppose the SS Postschutz could have worn the Postschutz buckle, as the SS also used W.H, LW and many other buckles.

The comment on the Gau Essen buckles and Postschutz buckles factory / maker is not a joke. They are definitely made by the same factory and at the same time. So if someone likes to pretend that the Gau Essen buckles are fake… well, than all nickel Postschutz buckles are fakes also!

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Next buckle is a two-piece nickel buckle. No traces of paint or maker. The construction is similar to the two pieces Weimar period buckles and some very early and extremely scarce W.H buckles in nickel.

<o></o>

Marc

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete
              GARY!! My comment on the SS Postschutz buckle was a joke related to the Gau Essen post on this forum!!!

So, maybe, you should quit joking and start thinking. The day you will be able to find ANY realistic clue (other than your SS Officer estate story which is nada) leading to the conclusion the Gau Essen buckles "could" be SS related, at this time you will be able to joke. Until then, it would be rather wise to have a thaught for all collectors who did buy those buckles sky hight because books were all saying they were SS related. I do not believe most current owners of those buckles did pay over $1500 because they were some "oeuvre d'art" and/or rare to find ... Sorry, but I always been on the collector side, not the dealer one, and I strongly believe only the greedy dealer will support an idea which is not fully justified.

I suppose the SS Postschutz could have worn the Postschutz buckle, as the SS also used W.H, LW and many other buckles.

Yeap, many things are suppositions like a SS officer wearing an EM "SS" Gau Essen buckle. But at least Garry's photo shows not a supposition but an evidence. And we can all note the SS Postschutz cufftitle is worn along with a regular SS Buckle ... Do you think some are starting to promote Postschutz buckles as "SS" related?

The comment on the Gau Essen buckles and Postschutz buckles factory / maker is not a joke. They are definitely made by the same factory and at the same time. So if someone likes to pretend that the Gau Essen buckles are fake… well, than all nickel Postschutz buckles are fakes also!

Once again, 100% wrong. First thing, the debate on Gau Essen buckles is not about real or fake but SS or not. Second, even a blind could see Gau Essen buckles, Landpolizei buckles and some Postschutz buckles were made by the same maker (just looking at the catch), and relying on the marking on landpolizei, Assmann should be the chosen maker. But, if at least there is landpolizei and postschutz buckles listed in the Assmann sales catalog printed during the Third Reich, there is no Gau Essen buckles. Now, if you want to follow the "total fake" path (why not - it is not currently my path but still needs to be considered just to be objective until further evidence since what others have in hands makes think twice), you are assuming because one major maker did produce buckles during the Third Reich he will not be able to produce other buckles after war using the same team, tools, and materials? Great! We finally find very honest people who are a blessing for collectors Time to get real! You can indeed safely say all those buckles were made by the same factory, but not guarantee at the same time (even if probably is - but just a probability until further evidence).
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh
              All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

A full reply to this post can be seen on:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14094

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

To respond to the Postschutz aspect of this post I will partially repeat here what I posted in the other thread.

Last year I ordered paint a analyse of the Gau Essen buckles in my collection as well as paint from nickel Postschutz buckles and other buckles I needed information about. The result of the paint analyse confirmed my thoughts on these buckles. The paint was the same. This, together with two other identical details on these buckles prove that series of early nickel Postschutz buckles and “Gau Essen” buckles where made around the same time. The fact that the buckles where made by the same factory do not mean these buckles where distributed by this factory.

Nickel postal buckles are (for most of them) made by the one same factory but distributed by at least 3 other factories. Buckles to be sold by the Assmann factory where marked with the Assmann logo but buckles intended to be sold by other companies as well where left blank. This is why the Gold, silver and olive “Landespolizei” buckles are Assmann marked as they where exclusive Assmann products. The Postschutz buckles where sold by multiple distributors and for this reason unmarked, the name of the distributors are stamped on the leather tab, one of them being Assmann.

<o></o>

Marc

Comment

I will continue with the Postschutz buckles after this” intermezzo”.

Following is a unique type of catch on this Aluminium buckle. The item is painted light gray.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mint unisued alu. buckle; Not painted.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marc verstraete View Post
                      Hello, the value of a very nice to mint postal buckle in nickel is about $350. the buckle normaly has a tab with the marking DRP and the abreviation for the city it was used in. (For example, "DRP. Brsl." for the city of brussels in belgium)
                      Those markings are stamped in the leather or sometimes ablied with a ink stamp.
                      The belt needs to have the same markings as the tab if you wand to prove that the belt belongs to the buckle. The value as a set will be determinated by those criteria.
                      Let me know if you see the city abreviations.
                      Marc v.

The meaning of "Brsl." is not Brussels in belgium !

It's Breslau in Germany !

Comment

I came upon this thread and was wondering what this buckle would bring in to days market, seeing that in 2002 they were around 350. to 450.00 Has the value gone up if so how much? I looked at quite a few sights an couldn't find any for sale. Thanks Dan

Comment

An item is worth whatever someone will pay.

The Postschutz buckle is no exception. As a collector of the Postschutz buckle and belt I have seen a large variance of prices on these buckles. Some dealers are asking x3 the price quoted in the earlier posts while others can be more realistic in their pricing. Collector to collector is where your best prices are to be had. As stated earlier, depending on quality of item and availability of item usually dictates price. And yes, the Postschutz is tough buckle to find.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X