Scharnhorstbund und Jung Deutsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scharnhorstbund und Jung Deutsche

A really unpopular series of buckles (in my opinion), although some of the enamel Scharnhorstbund are quite exciting.

Regards,

David
    Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Renfield
              A really unpopular series of buckles (in my opinion), although some of the enamel Scharnhorstbund are quite exciting.

Regards,

David
              Hello David, all, these buckles as well as the DAF buckles and many other political buckles might be unpopular for the Army, LW, SS , "military only" collector but are very highly appreciated by the WWI colectors and the ones who collect only buckles. Most of them are very scarce. Jack Angolia, Bill Xanten and myself are always exited to find new Originalpre war pieces for our collection. I'm sure Karl and yourself are too.
              Good job on keeping the group going David, thank you Karl. I will be back in Belgium soon.
              Marc
              Last edited by Marc verstraete; 03-17-2004, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Jung Deutscher Orden

Hello all,
                I have a picture that shows a group from the Jung Deutscher Orden and a few buckles are visible: one member wears a brass buckle with a darkened roundel, while another wears one with a silver roundel. The cross can be seen but the motto is not legible (there are variations in the lettering). Their cap badges show an interesting difference -- some of the younger members wear a white shield with a three-armed cross, and the others wear a white shield with the usual four-armed cross. Does anyone have a buckle with a three-armed cross?
                It seems that the founder of the group ran afoul of the Nazis but managed to survive the war. I have a great foto of him wearing an officer dark brass version of the buckle.
                Regards,
                Kevin

Comment

Scharnhorstbund

A buckle with Scharnhorstbund associations, although correctly, not displaying the true and correct emblem of the association.

The strong possibilty that this curious buckle belongs to a family of similar by construction.

A common factor towards an elongated diamond inset of nickle silver, although the latter displaying various right wing or nationalistic logos or designs.

Does anybody have any?

Regards,

David
                  Last edited by David North; 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Comment

Hello,
                      Looks like a Christian organization. There were quite a few in the Weimar era.
                      Regards,
                      Kevin

Comment

Kevin

With all due respect - not so.

This is a stylised and simplified version of the Scharnorstbund emblem, rather than a detail for detail representation.

As mentioned before, I am sure that there are other buckles within this similar group and all, display right wing emblems and as such, definately not Christian or Evangelical.

Regards,

David

Comment

I have never seen a scharnhorst buckle, they look really good. A local vet was a member of Scharnhorst before it was absorbed by the HJ. I wonder if he would remember the buckle?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X