No announcement yet.

A quite remarkable UNFINISHED Luftwaffe buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks for the comments chaps - greatly appreciated.

Ric has alluded to an interesting observation. Although profuse in steel, could anyone imagine and for the moment at least, die struck aluminium buckles of this quality being faked ? The cost of the tooling, the fabrication and the finishing would be immense. In theory the high cost could eventually be recovered, although I think that a "flood" of whatever buckle was chosen, would soon be spotted and rightfully stigmatised. Hence, the current generation of fake alloy buckles being cast - and unfortunately getting better !!

Regards,

David

Comment

Hi David

This is indeed a very nice example to all buckle collectors with interest.
      I like this piece, because the time is frozen in it. Even the "Profilöse" is without the whole.

I have seen also the sale thread and it emerged with other items from the Adolf Baumeister firm. A find that is not to common these days.

Best regards,
      Guido

Comment

David man! That is simply awesome. As far as buckle collectors go, I think we would all love to have something like that in our collection! I've never had the opportunity to handle such an example. It would be welcome in any buckle collector's collection! Thanks for showing! I love it!
        Cheers!
        Rob

Comment

Luft Buckle

Hi David,
          I agree with the others, that is a really cool piece. I find stuff like that to be fascinating.

Regards,
          Jody

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X