A quite remarkable UNFINISHED Luftwaffe buckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quite remarkable UNFINISHED Luftwaffe buckle

Attached are images of what I for one, consider to be a quite remarkable, unfinished Luftwaffe buckle.

Found by and posted on behalf of a dear friend.

Any comments or remarks would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I must agree with you there David, a rare beast indeed, I have often said that I find these unfinished buckles more interesting than the finished items sometimes. have you got a closer picture of the makers mark?

Thanks

Ben

Comment

David,

I absolutely agree with Ben. This buckle template looks to be in the state to be shaped and excess alum removed prior to adding roller and pin. The maker looks to be Adolph Baumeister -

A wonderful piece of history.

Best - Dan

Comment

Hello David,

thanks so much to you and buckle owner for sharing such interesting piece.

Another confirmation the so called "molded" alu buckle were really die struck.

Regards

Ric

Comment

Ben and Dan

Thankyou for your comments.

As Ben has so rightly confirmed, the makers logo is for Adolf Baumeister of Lüdenscheid.

Here is a close of the Ad.B.L. mark.

Regards,

David
              Attached Files

Comment

luft

thanks david for posting these pics as its a 1st for me i have never seen an unfinished buckle rgds dave

Comment

Never seen anything like that before. Thanks for sharing such a fantastic piece.

I'd rob Peter to pay Paul if I ever had a chance at one of these.

Steve
                  Last edited by Ssteve; 06-02-2007, 07:46 PM.

Comment

beautiful!!! I want to say that these are refered to as "planchets" I dont know where I hear that , but it is standing out in my sleep deprived brain I havew only seena handful of these in books before, and always wanted to posess one, but never had the opportunity..We know the process of manufacturing, but rarely get to see the steps first hand..thank you for sharing..Chad

Comment

This one was offered in militaria-fundforum 2 weeks ago for approx. 250 Euro...
                      I thought, it was too expensive..

what do you think about the price?

Comment

Musketeer

A very bad and remarkably negative response in my opinion.

There are those who know the cost of everything, however the value of nothing.

I would suggest that your response falls within the latter.

Who really cares about the cost ? The value and worth of this item to any buckle collector is quite academic.

A wonderful and technically very important submission.

Regards,

David

Comment

I think I've not told enough..

I've had the chance to buy this buckle at first before it was sold public
                          the former owner asked me to buy it for 250 Euro..but I've thought it is too expensive.
                          the value and worth of this item to any buckle collector is quite academic
                          That's right...but I've you have only one small income and your wife will separate from you and want all your money...believe me 250 Euros that's a lot of money..

and you can also believe me..6 month ago..I hadn't wait a second to buy it..because I know I'll never get a second chance

So please don't misunderstand my first response.

Comment

Anyhow....

David, that is an amazing item. I have never seen one before. There is always something new to learn. Thanks for sharing it with us.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

David, many thanks for the close up, I thought it was a Baumeister, I am trying to get a Heer buckles by this maker but I have only ever seen one and that was not for sale

Ben

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X