• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coincidence or Conspiracy ? (2)

Reverse side of belt buckle...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GREG E. View Post
      Believe it or not, I recently located a very similar SS buckle (also de-nazified) in the collection of an acquaintance and I have been negotiating with him for its' acquisition. Maybe I had better speed up the conclusion before he finds this thread and hikes the price on me!

What is the general consensus on this buckle? Also a good & rare one? Thanks in advance for any input.

Best -

GREG E.
      It is a good and a very rare one (even if two are surfacing in just a week!!). Common conscensus believes those SS buckles were prototype SS buckles rejected for whatever reason and so never produced in large quantitie. This example was made by the Assmann firm circa 1936 / 1937. There is also another model made by Richard Sieper (and marked as such), slighty different in structure and without any scrolls before and after the motto. The Assmann is the most "common" (if I can use that term !!)
      Jean Pierre Redeuilh
      All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

It would seem that Assmann had these in inventory at war's end (or they were in storage somewhere together) and then de-nazified and used after the end of hostilities. I would venture to speculate that all of these de-nazified examples came from the same area....but where?

John

Comment

Originally posted by GREG E. View Post
          Believe it or not, I recently located a very similar SS buckle (also de-nazified) in the collection of an acquaintance and I have been negotiating with him for its' acquisition. Maybe I had better speed up the conclusion before he finds this thread and hikes the price on me!

What is the general consensus on this buckle? Also a good & rare one? Thanks in advance for any input.

Best -

GREG E.
          Could you also please contact me at jpredeu@rogers.com
          Thank You!
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

Wow, two in one thread, I thought the first one was amazing but a second one

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X