Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this buckle?

Hello,
    I have this buckle in my collection and though I like it very much I get conflicting opinion as to what organization it is? If it is the same buckle (not sure if it is?)that is pictured on Page#379 of Peter Nash's book then it gives me a good idea. Anyhow, information from the experts would be good. Thanks.

Steve
    Attached Files

Reverse.................
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, maybe SA/SS Fliegerstürme 1931/33?
      Cheers

Comment

That's what it looks like according to Nash. Anyone else?

Steve

Originally posted by Guymauve
        Hi, maybe SA/SS Fliegerstürme 1931/33?
        Cheers

Comment

Steve

This great looking and highly desirable buckle and in general terms, is known by two quite specific eagle designs. In addition, the buckle is sometimes seen with the somewhat convoluted logo of what is thought, Rudolf Fischer (Nixdorf).

Let me know if you would like some images of the other design and also, of the Fischer (I think that it is Rudi Fischer), logo.

Anyway, in my opinion this is an SA buckle, although with a slightly elevated and unusual status. There is a very slim possibility that the buckle has a "flying" or "NSKK motor school" association. There is however clear documentation that the buckle (with DJ buckles at least), was worn by the little chaps who were resident within the orphanages established for the children of fallen soldiers.

Regards,

David

Comment

Thanks for the information David. I appreciate it. This buckle undoubtly leaves me confused. I looks like the same buckle pictured Pg.#379 of Nash's book which refers to it as a SA/SS Fliegersturm and it has been refered to as a NSKK and others have even refered to it as a NSFK? Nonetheless, it is a nice soild nickle buckle that I like and I would very much like to see any similar buckles that you have for comparision!!

Steve

Originally posted by David North
            Steve

This great looking and highly desirable buckle and in general terms, is known by two quite specific eagle designs. In addition, the buckle is sometimes seen with the somewhat convoluted logo of what is thought, Rudolf Fischer (Nixdorf).

Let me know if you would like some images of the other design and also, of the Fischer (I think that it is Rudi Fischer), logo.

Anyway, in my opinion this is an SA buckle, although with a slightly elevated and unusual status. There is a very slim possibility that the buckle has a "flying" or "NSKK motor school" association. There is however clear documentation that the buckle (with DJ buckles at least), was worn by the little chaps who were resident within the orphanages established for the children of fallen soldiers.

Regards,

David

Comment

Steve

May I suggest that you (we) treat with extreme caution, anything that you (we) may read in any of the buckle publications. No exceptions.

This however may be of interest:-

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=13116

Regards,

David

Comment

Hi David,
                Excellent thread! Thanks for posting that for me

Steve

Originally posted by David North
                Steve

May I suggest that you (we) treat with extreme caution, anything that you (we) may read in any of the buckle publications. No exceptions.

This however may be of interest:-

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=13116

Regards,

David

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X