FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the 2018 status of the Vimoutiers Tiger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
    Hi,

i don't want to be rude, but this is clearly stupid to let a 30,000 euros Flak 38 gun outside without only 5 small iron bars that can be cut in less than 3 minutes...
    The whole operation only needed 3 to 4 men, and at best 5 minutes.

The gun is probably already far far away... Museums and associations in France are known to be very very laxists (because they are not very professionals).

Pictures of the stolen gun, courtesy of
    http://tanks-et-panzers.over-blog.co...sur-dives.html

See You

Vince
    No kidding was that stupid 5 little cuts and maybe 1 more to trim down 1 of the 4×4's with a sawzaw and away it goes
    Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
    teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Maybe the flak 38 being stolen is a good thing. its probably in a dry place being protected from the elements . maybe they should come back for the tiger as well.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
        Hi,

i don't want to be rude, but this is clearly stupid to let a 30,000 euros Flak 38 gun outside without only 5 small iron bars that can be cut in less than 3 minutes...
        The whole operation only needed 3 to 4 men, and at best 5 minutes.

30.000 euros ! To let you know, the money spent for it was 3.500 euros. Not 30.000... Don't watch Combat Dealers too much, it can seriously damage the brain.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by tony james View Post
          Maybe the flak 38 being stolen is a good thing. its probably in a dry place being protected from the elements . maybe they should come back for the tiger as well.
          Hurrah for the heroes !
          You will better see it in a museum where a chain will prevent you from touching it. I wish you bad light conditions and only one side to be visible. Worth the ticket ?
          The place is now missing his attraction. Just keep visiting the D-Day museums and have your way. St Lambert and Chambois are not made for you. And the less visitors it will have the less corrupted it will be.

What is the maximum declared value of something to be exhibited outdoor ? Only madness about german stuff is the real reason.

When will you remove the 4000 euros muzzle brake of the Vimoutiers Tiger I for its protection ? Did you applaud the guys stealing the muzzle brake from the Hochfelds’s PaK43 ( Luxembourg ) ? I can’t indicate you the PaK40 in the cemetery of Billy-Berclau ( North of France ), I’ve just checked : it has been moved.

I am collecting german stuff and I feel ashamed. I don’t want to be muddled up with guys like you. As a punishment I should make contemporary art from Tiger II track links, and make more money at Sotheby’s !

That team of heroes probably took our car during the same night for use as a road block in case of something went wrong. And then burned it down. Our car was parked a few kilometers away from the Flak38, in the middle of nowhere, but on the tourist circuit. Its only fault !

Hurrah for the heroes ! Hurrah for the heroes !

Eric

Comment

Well said Eric

People should keep their hands of anything that isn't theirs. I do respect people doing their best to repair and restore ww2 stuff and make their work visible for ww2 and the normandy battles enthousiasts. Even when fixed with only one metal bar, leave it as it is. It belongs there.

Ps: hope you get your car refunded

Comment

Originally posted by kastensfh18 View Post
              30.000 euros ! To let you know, the money spent for it was 3.500 euros. Not 30.000... Don't watch Combat Dealers too much, it can seriously damage the brain.
              Eric
              He was probably a little off with his €30,000 figure, but I doubt you could find one for €3,500. If they are selling at that price, I'll buy three of them.

Either way this is very sad. Does anyone know if there was any type of serial number on that Flak cannon, or some other permanent identifying mark, just in case it shows up in a museum or collection somewhere in the future?

I hope your insurance will pay you for the car completely, and that you did not loose any irreplaceable personal items when it was stolen and burned.

Comment

https://actu.fr/normandie/saint-lamb..._20339291.html
                https://www.google.fr/url?sa=i&sourc...45495119203520

Comment

You will not get much change out of £30,000 if any. There was one at the war and peace show a few years ago for £30,000.

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                    He was probably a little off with his €30,000 figure, but I doubt you could find one for €3,500. If they are selling at that price, I'll buy three of them.

Either way this is very sad. Does anyone know if there was any type of serial number on that Flak cannon, or some other permanent identifying mark, just in case it shows up in a museum or collection somewhere in the future?

I hope your insurance will pay you for the car completely, and that you did not loose any irreplaceable personal items when it was stolen and burned.
                    The gun itself ( paid some 2.000 for the farmer ), a trailer, a pair of tires, mudguards, probably sanding, painting : total bill is 3.500 euros. ( given bill by one the team )
                    If not sold I can have you a bare trailer for 300 euro. The wheel bearings are still OK after 70 years !

The car is my wife's car: only CDs, a jacket, and little equipment were lost. We are scared about what the insurance will pay for a 10 years old car : it can be… nothing even if the kilometerage was 120.000 and the tires were 2 months old.

If the thieves were the same, and as they proved no respect, I wonder what can happen to the gun.

Some germans wanted to buy the Flak 38. As well as the Tiger.

hebergeur dimage

Prices on internet are far from reality.

Eric
                    Last edited by kastensfh18; 12-21-2018, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by johann mor View Post
                      You will not get much change out of £30,000 if any. There was one at the war and peace show a few years ago for £30,000.

Jon

The stolen one was a wreck. Its fault was to be a german gun. It is because more and more people are coming ( late ) on the market that prices are rising up. And there is more money than stuff to buy.

I think I should lower the value of my items, by grinding the manufacturer code and the Waffen-Amt. And add some personal markings like drilling holes, so that no one would be interested.

I now understand why old collectors are keeping secret-secret.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by WWIIBuff View Post
                        Does anyone know if there was any type of serial number on that Flak cannon, or some other permanent identifying mark, just in case it shows up in a museum or collection somewhere in the future?

Last edited by Höhe 112; 08-05-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Höhe 112 View Post

Very good, thanks! Now we all need to keep our eyes open for it, although I am pretty sure it is now hidden in a private collection somewhere and will not see the light of day again until that thieving collector dies.

That was a really nice waffenamt of the trailer.
                          Last edited by WWIIBuff; 12-21-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

I hope they find to low life responsible for the theft and throw the book at them. But I'm not hopeful as they have more important issues to deal with.

One would think that given the unique battle damage etc this 38 should be impossible to sell on.

Comment

a bit of a restoration and new spray job ,give it 12 months and nobody will remember or care

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X