Surviving Tigers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Walden
    The Patton Museum traded an MBT-70 to APG in 1991 in exchange for King Tiger #332. While it's restored paint job isn't 100% accurate, it's displayed in better shape now.

Here's what 332 looked like at Knox after its arrival in 1991.

Greg
    332 being towed from the maintenance facility where it was refurbished to the Patton Museum in prep for Armor Conference in the spring of 1992. Paint job isn't completely done yet (see the turret numbers). That big heavy thing with those metal tracks really tore up the asphalt!

Greg
    Attached Files
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

On display in the Patton Museum. The museum re-cut away the plates that had been welded over the places in the turret and hull sides where APG had long ago cut out pieces of the armor to show the interior.

Greg
      Attached Files

Comment

scrapyard panzers 50 photos

photos from saumur scrapyard in the 1970s= 50 more will be uploaded next weekend at
        http://community.webshots.com/user/jtrowbridge5

Comment

Gentlemen,

Were there any King Tigers or Tiger Is that were reused by the allied or some other countries after the war?
          I am aware that the French reused some panther tanks after the war and there are some posts on a thread, I cant recall which one or where I saw them, the thread discussed abt some PZKW IV and Sturm being used by Syria and those tanks are now in the Israeli's museum, some sort of war trophy.
          Has any countries re used the King Tigers ( I think its unlikely as there were not many of them build and, what a size) and Tiger Is?

Thank you
          Josh

Comment

1991? I was at Aberdeen in 2000 and swear I remember climbing on a King Tiger?
            If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

Originally posted by Ardennes
              1991? I was at Aberdeen in 2000 and swear I remember climbing on a King Tiger?
              Hi Ardennes,

Maybe their Jagdtiger? 332 went to Knox in 1991.

Regards,
              Greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X