No announcement yet.

Patton Armor Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Army has a bunch of Armor that was donated by Iraq. I know Ft. Riley has quite a few as well as Ft. Irwin. Seems a lot of Battalions took pieces and had them shipped back and are now on display in front of various headquarters. Even non-armor units took them as trophies.
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Originally posted by Brian C.
      This will give you an idea of the King Tiger's size.
      brian to hell with the tank who is the hot babe in the pic!!!!

Comment

ft . knox

Great thread guys. I have been through the museum a couple of times myself. I live two hours away and participate in the reenactment they have there every year. The museum gave our unit permission to climb on the tanks and inside. I had to leave early so I didn't get to. Great museum. I just went to the D-day museum in New Orleans and FT. Knox is just as good. Well worth a trip if you haven't been.

nate

Comment

Anybody planning a trip to the Show of Shows...

in February should take a few minutes and visit this museum! It's only a half hour or so away from the SOS, and more than worth the time! There are also exhibits of A German WWI machine gunner and a Japanese tank in the jungle in addition to all the panzer displays. Lots of info on armor piercing rounds with shot-through steel plates to demonstrate the effectiveness. Just a great stop, and highly recommended. And if memory serves...it's free!

Comment

Patton Museum field trip

Hi William,

See the post on the shows forum. A few of us are planning a field trip there the Saturday of the SOS. By then we'll be out of money anyway.

John Klein

Comment

Originally posted by JOHNK
              Hi William,

See the post on the shows forum. A few of us are planning a field trip there the Saturday of the SOS. By then we'll be out of money anyway.

John Klein
              Hi John,
              I would like to tag along if possible.
              Jody

Comment

Originally posted by William J
                in February should take a few minutes and visit this museum! It's only a half hour or so away from the SOS, and more than worth the time! There are also exhibits of A German WWI machine gunner and a Japanese tank in the jungle in addition to all the panzer displays. Lots of info on armor piercing rounds with shot-through steel plates to demonstrate the effectiveness. Just a great stop, and highly recommended. And if memory serves...it's free!
                The Patton Museum is free (donations cheefully accepted! ) Besides the indoor displays and the tanks outside, also on the outside is the Armor Memorial Park, dedicated to the fighting men and units of US Armor and Cavalry during the 20th century.

If y'all are traveling down from Louisville, I would suggest going south on I-65 till you reach KY 313 (Joe Prather Highway), and taking that west till you reach US 31W. Go north on 31W past Radcliff, and you'll find a new entrance into the museum area just built from 31W north. That route takes you a little out of the way but is faster than going on the Gene Snyder Freeway and down US 31W from the north (unless Nate suggests a better way!)

Regards,
                Greg
                sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Originally posted by phosphateb
                  brian to hell with the tank who is the hot babe in the pic!!!!
                  It was some streetwalker I picked up on the way in to the museum.

Just kidding, that's my wife.

Comment

Patton museum

Hi Jody,

Yes of course. I sent you a PM about it the other day but it doesn't look like you've read it yet.

John Klein

Comment

pz

I was fortunate enought to climb around the tanks there during the Memorial Day event last year...in uniform yet!!!

Marty

Shot of the panther turrent hatch:
                      Attached Files
                      I love the beach.

Comment

Another inside the Panther
                        Attached Files
                        I love the beach.

Comment

and last with the aid of photo shop and my friend Dave to change the museum ceiling to clouds:
                          Attached Files
                          I love the beach.

Comment

Lucky Guy Marty!

I'd enjoy climbing through that Panther myself.

John Klein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X