Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats it!!

Hello,

for everyones info that FAKE SS shutze tinnie that J.Knoble posted looks very similar to the same metal/finish/crude casting that I saw in that other FAKE SS tinnie at the gunshow-it had that same gold/bronze color(I thought it had been painted maybe not!)see how it was pitted above and below the hinge(crude casting)the one I saw had casting/pockets like that on the front and back(and sides,it sucked!)what kind of metal is thatmade of?,the one pictured looks decent on the front at least-the hinge was different than the one pictured (Ive never seen a pin and attchment like that on anything 3rd reich related!)is this SS shutze tinnie a copy of an original or a fantasy design?

Yancy

Comment

Sorry,
      The ones I saw were thin tin stamped out with a regular tinnie type pin and almost a glow in the dark translucent type paint on it.
      Terry Keller
      "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
      Rammstein

Comment

Nice background Mike!

Comment

SS SCHÜTZE Badge

My Father purchased one of these badges from a Militaria dealer in Birmingham (England) in 1969 for Thirty Shillings (it has been in a box ever since).

It is the same as the one illustrated by Mike, complete with the off set and odd sized letters, except the reverse is stamped 587 a little lower down, but still in the same type.

At the time he was told "it was given to those SS Men who performed security duties at the Party Rallies". Another reason for its existence was "it was awarded to the SS members of the Olympic Shooting team".

Marc

Comment

a really fugly fake tinnie, courtesy of Peter in Poland
            Attached Files

Accidentally offending people on the internet since 1997

Comment

SS SCHÜTZE Badge

Marc, The connection to the Olympic's makes sense being as the Olympic torch and the German sports eagle are prominent features of the pin

Comment

SS SCHÜTZE Badge

The stamped version of this badge is still turning up here in England. I saw three last weekend, price ranged from £30 to £60. None of the dealers belive it to be fake, the reason for this is in a previous post by Stuart C.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X