Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SiPo View Post
    Joe,

Do you think the aircraft factory in the photos could be the Messerschmitt factory owing to his connection with them?

Looks like the photos are from 1942.

Since he was Betriebsführer des Werks Augsburg, my guess is the pictures might have been taken there. http://www.geschichtsagentur-augsburg.de/media/files/messerschmitt-komplex-ausstellung1.pdf
    Last edited by der-hase-fee; 04-29-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Great work, Andreas, great research.

I agree, my first guess is that SiPos rare photos were taken in the Augsburg plant. My second guess is the Regensburg plant, a couple of hours away.

However, is it possible, given the truly rare source of SiPos photos, that they were taken in some sort of satellite plant that Croneiss visited?

You’ve also given us with Croneiss’ funeral information, a source saying that the Regensburg plant was the Largest Musterbetriebe to fly the Golden Flag in Germany. Joe, I think I smell some DAF Golden EhrenNadels being awarded...

Wächter praising his SS comrade Croneiss during his funeral oration for his work as a Wehrwirtschaftsführer was I thought an especially interesting piece of information.

Comment

Hello,

For info : https://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/...de/grid/zoom/1

Akte 120. Schriftverkehr der Amtsgruppe Wehrwirtschaft des Marinewaffenamtes des Oberkommandos der Kriegsmarine (OKM) über die Ernennung von Wehrwirtschaftsführern im Bereich der Kriegsmarine. April 1940 – Januar 1942.

Greetings.

Polux

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Comment

Polux,
            What a wonderful resource! Just incredible!!!
            Thank you!
            Last edited by Volksturmer; 05-01-2020, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hello,

I knew you might be interested in these documents

I think the archives still have a lot of things to reveal, and we’ll have to take the time to review them.

Best regards to you.

Polux

PS: an image for my small participation in this article.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by polux View Post
                Hello,

I knew you might be interested in these documents

I think the archives still have a lot of things to reveal, and we’ll have to take the time to review them.

Best regards to you.

Polux

PS: an image for my small participation in this article.

Polux -

I am still reading and studying the information you provided - this helps greatly on my research!! I'm sure that these archives will help all of us on the forum on a variety of subjects.

Thank you, also, for your photo of the ID and Abzeichen, very beautiful.
                Again, many thanks!!!

Best wishes,
                John

Comment

I’m getting off topic here, but I’m sure we’ll get back to the WWiFü.

Something about Sipo’s photos intrigued me.

In the photo, where Croneiss is standing by himself in front of what appears to be a a curved stylized Swaz made of wooden beams with what appears to be candle holders at the Cardinal points, the background flag looks to be Very HJ!

Could this be at an Ordensburg?
                  Any experts know what that is?

Thanks SiPo for posting that mystery here!

John
                  Attached Files

Comment

SiPo,
                    Again, thank you so much for posting those extremely rare photos, and the photo I reposted, of Croneiss wearing his Wehrwirtschaftsführer badge in what looks like an HJ building.

I haven’t had any response to my question, ‘could it be an Ordensburg?’, but It is certainly an HJ related-effort, IMO, whether recruiting, or Ordensburg, or whatnot.
                    Given the timeline, and that Croneiss died not too very long after this photo, it still may be possible to track down where this is from. I hope some of the experts from other areas will help us with these historical photographs!

For the thread, now, for my own small contribution, instead of posting translated documents of the history of the position, (I’ll do that later), I’m going to now backtrack names from my list of Wehrwirtschaftsführer, (which has grown, thanks to Polux!) and search for photos of men wearing their Wehrwirtschaftsführer Abzeichen. These I hope, We can post here!!

Photos of Defense Economy Leaders wearing their badges have ALWAYS been notoriously hard to find. Just look through any history or collecting books!!

Yet the members of this forum, in 2019 and 2020, have come up with more new photos than I or any collector have ever seen. (SiPo’s Photos probably being the rarest!) This could be because, although the photos do exist, collectors and historians aren’t familiar with the shape of the badge?

If anyone has a picture of a WWiFü badge in wear, please post it here!!!
                    Some of the most important business men of the Reich, held a military title, Wehrwirtschaftsführer, even though they were also civilians, having the title, and the badge, yet being sworn to secrecy.

Also, photos of the Abzeichen, or the ID papers of Wehrwirtschaftsführer, if you have them, post and share, they would be most appreciated and welcome!

Comment

Hans Kehrl: Wehrwirtschaftsführer badge at bottom.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Great photo! Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X