No announcement yet.

The TENO Ehrenzeichen - new book by Jo Rivett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting and usefull reading. New turn of the hobby. Hihgtly recommended.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words
      I am quite worried about whether the majority of artifacts trading hands are out-and-out fakes.
      Well i do bring bad news that's for sure, it`s no wonder why the MMJ fan club has never gone into double figures... Allays negative, articles always about exposing fakes, wrong books, silly dealers, not a single old school picture book presentation of awards with no info for people to simply drool over and pat me on the back for having enough money to buy 35 of each, without knowing anything about what i was buying.
      I have never shown anyone, friend or foe, any part of my personal collection on line and never will. I have never just slapped down pretty images of stuff i own for free berries and milkshake, so i can see where the disdain comes from, from a few individuals.
      But, i dont just beat and thrash, hold court and execute, i come with the solution to the problem.

Just the other day i was reading an article in a collectors mag, and what did my little eyes see? Micro images and best believe they did not come from me either. So slowly but surely... like a mild form of the Zika virus, it is spreading, and of course the only way to go when conclusive results are needed to clear something up once and for all.

But it`s not just the powdered wigs that are wrong in 2000 and 16, even the mighty micro Jo! Happened last week. I am busy on a book about some Aircraft stuff, have been for a good few years now, slowly gathering pieces of the puzzle, and one "variation" of a badge, which i have said many times was a fake, i would say that it is also accepted by everyone else - almost - as a fake - turns out to not be fake after all! So in that book, i will be having "a go" at myself as well

Comment

Look forward to picking up a copy from Dietrich at the MAX. Congrats on another successful book Jo.

Tom
        If it doesn't have a hinge and catch, I'm not interested......well, maybe a little

New Book - The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II
        [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
        Available Now - tmdurante@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
          ... Just the other day i was reading an article in a collectors mag, and what did my little eyes see? Micro images and best believe they did not come from me either. So slowly but surely... like a mild form of the Zika virus, it is spreading, and of course the only way to go when conclusive results are needed to clear something up once and for all. ...
          I still remember the huff-huff and the riducule when I discovered the two dies of the S&L RK with the use of a microscope. Some people faught it very hard on the basis that it just ridiculous to use such tools for collecting. "What's next" was the tenor. Well, next was that a lot of fakes were discovered as such!
          That was in early 2005!
          Now, 11 years later it is a well recognized and accepted tool and has helped a lot and did the hobby a great service - very much to the disappointment of some of the "old guard writers" like Lumsden, Nimmergut, Geissler, Hüsken, .. for example. These guys have been hurt the most by solid, undisputable hard cold facts and their unsubstantiated and sometimes ridiculous BS has been exposed as such.

Dietrich
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X