BD Publishing

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julius Streichers Blood order and Party badge for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
    Thanks, Jo! My "balloon" is burst!

Br. James
    LOL it`s not about that, but about putting forward enough evidence to show you that there must have been a reserve pot to dip into - finished unnumbered badges in stock for the Notfall.

The date on the badge i showed before, hand-etched, 30.1.39, would have been one such unnumbered badge from the pot. It is clear that a contract was given for a certain amount of badges with that date, as we know about them stamped by Deschler - with that date.

So why not do the whole contract "stamped" , why is this one hand-etched? I suppose common sense would suggest that at the last minute, a call went through to up the contract by a few more badges, possibly even by just one more, who knows, so, it was easier to dip into the pot of finished unnumbered badges, and etch one by hand quickly, than it was to set the presses up again to make one, or a few.

The past few long posts are just to prove that there must have been a "pot" of finished unnumbered badges to dip into if needed. Not in circulation, not "given" to special people, just for "emergencies."

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
      Andrew, I considered it long and hard when it occurred, maybe 6 months ago, however I came to the decision that there was no point going head to head with him on here, members taking sides and all that business. I don't have the time, or anything to gain in any shape or form, revenge was not something I was seeking as these things usually have a tendency to even themselves up eventually. It might look like sour grapes from my end and see another member spat on WAF that we can probably all do without. I just wont ever deal with him again period. Most sad is that he recently was awarded 'Lifetime membership' so if a Moderator would like to ask me who it was I would be prepared to share the e-mails from the time etc, then I would do that for the sake of the integrity of the 'Lifetime membership' 'award'.

I won't hijack this thread by talking about him but he should count his lucky stars that you're a very considerate person. I will leave it at that.

Regards,
      AB.
      In memory of my Uncle,
      Schtz.Grenadier KARL HOFBAUER,
      2 Kompanie, Inf-Bat, 550.
      Killed in action, Krasnoje, Minsk, 7. Nov. 1942.

Comment

Looks like Weitze just found Streicher`s no-numbah replacement badge.

https://www.weitze.net/militaria/42/...r__263842.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
          Looks like Weitze just found Streicher`s no-numbah replacement badge.
          Did you looks closely ? Some differences from what I'd expect, at least.

Save

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
            Did you looks closely ?
            No, i forgot to look

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
              No, i forgot to look

Microscope broken ?
              Save

Comment

I know this has most likely been asked and answered, but is their a way to “look up” a GPB number and find the awardees name?

76540 is a matching set I have found.

I’m thinking of making an offer but really only interested if I know the person awarded.

Thank you.

Comment

"...is their a way to “look up” a GPB number and find the awardees name?"

In a word, NO, there is no publicly available source for connecting a particular NSDAP Membership Number, as found on the reverse of Golden Party Badges, with a particular person. That said, there are extensive files and documents which were microfilmed at the end of WWII in Germany, including records of NSDAP Membership, which are researchable at the National Archives and Records Administration, College Park MD. These records are not easily researched, however, as they were not filmed in logical order.

A number of WAF colleagues have lists of identified numbers, myself included, though number 76540 is not included on my list at this time. If you do find out who held that number, we would be very grateful if you would share that information with us.

There are also colleagues here who are professional researchers and may be able to locate a number's origin for you. Let us know if you would like their contact information.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by ritterkreuz1945 View Post
                    I know this has most likely been asked and answered, but is their a way to “look up” a GPB number and find the awardees name?

76540 is a matching set I have found.

I’m thinking of making an offer but really only interested if I know the person awarded.

Thank you.

Klaus Butschek offered it in September 2017, then Carsten Zeige hat it for a while. Lost track since. No attribution in my book.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X