No announcement yet.

My Little Gau Badge Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK if that's the case how come it wasn't pointed out instead of being lauded as part of a wonderful collection ..... and the " discovery" here is lack of consistency and the fact you still haven't pointed out to the forum your opinion and have only done so when challenged
    You were all to ready to comment the badge I posted
    Top shelf items so rare that most won't even know the exist...Quote...
    Last edited by Martyn1; 04-20-2015, 03:24 PM.

Comment

When you posted your fake badge, you asked for opinions on it's originality, which you got.
      Bob posted his collection to showcase his newest additions, for those of us that have the same interests. Since he never asked for opinions, he never got any- including any of mine.
      Does that answer your question?

As far as your perceived 'lack of consistency' goes:
      Bob's golden Gau Essen pin is a typical Souval badge, IMO.
      I know that since I handled his Gau treasures on more than one occasion in person.
      By your own admission your badge is 'undeniably the same as Bob's' but at the same time you claim it is not a Souval badge.
      Since consistency is important to you- you should really elaborate your point on this one.
      Looking forward to it.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Martyn1,

The gold Gau Essen is not an original period piece. The awarded piece was made of marked 585 gold and identical to my silver marked piece in size and manufacture. I use it as a fill in with the hope, slim that is is, to find the 585 gold example.

My copy gold Gau Essen is marked copy on the reverse so no one can fall prey to it, as original, when I am gone.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

You have both completely missed the point of this discussion maybe on purpose
          The badges were posted with no indication of any being questionable on the back of that you Matthew gave a glowing endorsement of the display at no point questioning any of the badges which in turn led to everyone else jumping on your band wagon .. I came along and challenged you using the badge I had posted for discussion some weeks ago and now at last we have an admission that the badges originally posted contain in your opinion a known fake which you apparently knew from the start but only after you had been questioned ...if you had not been then all the badges shown would have quite happily been seen as genuine ...that is the point of this discussion not the originality or not of the badge I posted that was the catalyst for this thread
          In my opinion this just goes to show the sometimes sycophantic nature of this forum

Comment

You reminded me of this joke where the defendant accused of killing someone by shooting them was asked if he did it. No, he said. The bullet killed him. It was made out of lead and since lead comes out of the ground, it's part of the nature. And so, the victim died of natural causes.

Have a good day Martyn.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Once again you really can't or don't want to understand what you have done you have knowingly given the nod of approval to a badge you knew to be a fake and then let everyone else who follows your posts believe they were all genuine original badges and once again if I had not questioned this then this thread would have ended many posts ago with all badges deemed to be genuine and trying to deflect the discussion away from this by quoting jokes...really....
              This goes against everything this forum stands for surely....the sharing of collective knowledge

Comment

Why didn't you question the third, aluminum Essen in the picture then?
                Do you want those following your posts to believe it is an original Gau Essen Honor Badge? Why did you give it your silent nod of approval?
                What about your sharing of your knowledge with the rest of the forum? Are you trying to purposely mislead us by not pointing out what is wrong in that picture?

Comment

What....it's not about me or any other badge in the collection or are you now saying you knew there were other fakes in there
                  Can you not see that people on this forum see you as the "go to person"for political badges .... But you have knowingly endorsed a fake badge and are trying again to deflect the discussion away from this
                  As I said before the badge I posted was the catalyst for questioning your glowing endorsement of the badges posted by Bob....but by your own admission you knew to be containing fakes...Reputation and respect and knowledge are everything on this or any other forum and I feel everyone reading this thread would agree this is the forums foundation and it's original concept
                  I am now fed up of this pointless "to and frowing " and don't intend to reply to anymore replies....but I will leave the forum with this ...the original reason for my questioning
                  You have knowingly endorsed a fake badge ,led others to believe the posted badges are genuine and done nothing to correct this assumption

Comment

Martyn1,

The Gau Essen in gold color is the same fake as you have. I use it in a display and should have removed it, but forgot. I do not intend to continue arguing.

Member Matthew knows more about Gau Badges, their history and manufacture, than anyone I know. I trust his word and his integrity is above reproach. He has handled my badges and spent considerable time educating me on the subject of Gau Badges.

You should not waste more time trying to convince yourself your badge is original and spend more time learning your subject.

I apologize if my error in posting the fake badge has caused you such angst.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew
                      You Sir, are an imbecile.
                      Over and out.

Matt
                      No I don't think so.......but this post speaks volumes for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                        Martyn1,

The Gau Essen in gold color is the same fake as you have. I use it in a display and should have removed it, but forgot. I do not intend to continue arguing.

Member Matthew knows more about Gau Badges, their history and manufacture, than anyone I know. I trust his word and his integrity is above reproach. He has handled my badges and spent considerable time educating me on the subject of Gau Badges.

You should not waste more time trying to convince yourself your badge is original and spend more time learning your subject.

I apologize if my error in posting the fake badge has caused you such angst.

Bob Hritz
                        You to have completely missed the point .... It was never about the originality of my badge and please don't lecture me on " learning your subject"

Comment

Dear friends,

I have no dog in this race, but I have to say how sad it makes me when any of us descends to name-calling. Such things do nothing for the dignity of our hobby, nor for the future participation of new members among us. I know we are better than this, and our hobby suffers whenever we cannot speak gently and honorably to each other. Of course there will be disagreement; it was ever thus among knowledgeable enthusiasts in any field of endeavor. But no one gains anything when name-calling is the best we can offer.

Br. James

Comment

Did anybody see the Cased Gau Wartheland badge that K. W. had recently, in Mint condition?

Regards

AJ

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                              Did anybody see the Cased Gau Wartheland badge that K. W. had recently, in Mint condition?

Regards

AJ
                              Another piece that went to the other side of the Iron Curtain. Probably never to be seen again. And mint it was.
                              My dear friend was interested in it but ended up buying the Eiffel Tower instead for the same amount. Something about the view, he said.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Kai sent me some wonderful photos of the mint, cased Wartheland badge. It was the second type and was gorgeous. I was negotiating the first pattern badge and just could not quickly come uo with the €25000.00 for the cased piece. It quickly sold to a collector in Russia where collecting is very active. Sadly, it will probably never be seen again until there are reference books written in the Motherland.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X