No announcement yet.

My Little Gau Badge Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

25.000 Euro for Gau Wartheland? I saw not so long ago in Craig Gottlieb auction Gau Wartheland for about 6.500 USD and also Weitze have one and I thing he offer for 10.000 Euro.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
      Kai sent me some wonderful photos of the mint, cased Wartheland badge. It was the second type and was gorgeous. I was negotiating the first pattern badge and just could not quickly come uo with the €25000.00 for the cased piece. It quickly sold to a collector in Russia where collecting is very active. Sadly, it will probably never be seen again until there are reference books written in the Motherland.

Bob Hritz
      Do we know of any Russian Forums where they get together to post their collections? It will be nice to see what they have.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by goro022 View Post
        25.000 Euro for Gau Wartheland? I saw not so long ago in Craig Gottlieb auction Gau Wartheland for about 6.500 USD and also Weitze have one and I thing he offer for 10.000 Euro.
        The one that went for 25K was an unworn (although issued) and cased badge.
        For those looking at adding stuff to their collection in the best condition they can- this one was without a doubt a top badge to get.
        I must've completely missed the Gottlieb piece but if anyone has a link, I'd be grateful.
        Weitze piece is still there and I suspect the reason behind it is- the badge is unnumbered. Not that it makes it any less original but it makes the possibility of matching it with its recipient impossible.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Beautiful stuff guys
          Kind regards,
          Giel

Check out our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Giels-Milit...5292741243193/

Comment

Thanks Matt, now I understand. and link

Comment

Thanks for the link Goro, much appreciated.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Ii would be great to see Gau Wartheland, Gau Thuringen, Gau Sudetenland in cased. Could someone post here photos these cased badges? Thanks.

Comment

Ii would be great to see Gau Wartheland, Gau Thuringen, Gau Sudetenland in cased. Could someone post here photos these cased badges? Thanks.
                  My cased Gau Thuringen badge.
                  Attached Files

Comment

excellent piece ErichS, looks like mint, thumps up for your Gau Thuringen

Comment

Going on memory here but I don't think I have ever seen real, cased Sudetenland.
                      Few fakes paired up with bogus cases (including one housed in a watch box), but don't recall any real ones- at least going on memory. Does anyone else?

cheers

Matt

Comment

It makes fun, what people are able to do for selling fakes can you please post photo of some fake cases, if you have? Thanks

Comment

Other than the GTB, I don't know that I remember seeing any other cased Gau badges other than a cased 23 general GB. Do you have any in your collection Matt?

Comment

Russian forum have two amazing cased pieces of Gau Wartheland!

http://ak-group.ru/forum/showthread....gau+wartheland

But I dont know, where is placed a mini of Gau Wartheland...?

Comment

Russian forum have two amazing cased pieces of Gau Wartheland!

But I dont know, where is placed a mini of Gau Wartheland...?
                              Those are quite amazing cased badges. Since the badges are numbered like the GTBs is there a list of recipients to match the badges to?

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                                Those are quite amazing cased badges. Since the badges are numbered like the GTBs is there a list of recipients to match the badges to?
                                At least a partial list for Wartheland and first/initial list for East Prussia survived. That I know of. The rest might still be waiting to be discovered.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X