some help on some badges 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELLO DUZIG,
    FROM THE REFERENCE BOOK by J.R.CONE (I AM NOT QUITE SURE OF THE EXACT TITLE THOUGH ,("ENAMEL MEMBERSHIP PINS OF THE THIRD REICH"?) THERE HAS BEEN SOME KNOWN ERRORS NOTED THROUGH TIME SINCE THE EARLY PUBLICATION OF THIS BOOK.ALTHOUGH I CAN SAY IT IS MOSTLY FROM MY EXPERINCE OF HANDLING ENAMEL ORANIZATION PINS THORUGH MANY OF MY YEARS OF COLLECTING.I'VE NOTICED THROUGH THE 1980'S THOUGH THE 90'S INCREASE IN NUMBERS OF THE BRITISH-GERMAN BADGE & THE GERMAN AMERICAN BADGE WITH BLUE BACKGROUND COLOR.
    I'VE ONLY SEEN 2 0R 3 OF THE SAME TYPE OF GERMAN-AMERICAN BADGE WITH RED BACK GROUND AND SAME PIN DEVICE THAT CURT AND I HAVE!...THEY ARE VERY RARE....SORRY THAT IS ALL THE DATA I CAN GIVE YOU AT THIS TIME.
    THANKS!,
    JOHN

Originally posted by Duzig
    Hello Blutundstahl,
    For my own records and reference information can you tell me where your information comes from? One always hears different opinions on these items so it would be nice to have actual references in regards to this pin. I have seen this pin, and others like the alpine rettung and nesselwang pin discussed always with some saying they are good others that they're fantasy items. If you have definative and actual references it would be very helpfull. Thanks for any info.
    Duzig

Comment

does any one know of any repo badges made by any organisations like bnp etc that may be responcible for such badges existing. just a thought i had why they seem to be produced at differant times and no actual pre 45 being made?? i know this throws the whole field wide open for discussion but just an idea

Comment

Hello Blutundstahl,
        Thanks for your reply. I have the book by Cone and it seems to be about the only book that deals strictly with these type of enamelled items. I had never heard much negative about the information in this book until a year or so ago. It's unfortunate that there is really no definative information,from the time period on some of this stuff. I have some enamelled badges as I've said such as the DRK Alpine rettung, the nesselwang ski badge and 1939 student world games badge that there also seems to be some doubt about. It would be nice to know one way or another regarding some of these items. Again thanks for your information.
        Duzig

Comment

[QUOTE=blutundstahl]
          Originally posted by CurtD
          Reverses.

CURT,
          YOUR GERMAN AMERICAN FRIENDSHIP PIN IS GOOD!...I HAVE HAD MINE FOR A VERY LONG TIME,THE QUALITY IS VERY HIGH AND THE PINBACK DEVICE IS THE SAME AS MINE-(QUITE DIFFERENT FROM THE USUAL / ORDINARY APPLICATION )AND IT HAS THE SAME FLAT AND DULL-FINISH APPEARANCE ON THE REVERSE SIDE!
          IN J.R.CONES BOOK,IT STATES THAT THE BACKGROUND BEHIND THE FLAG WERE IN BLUE,BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN ORINGINAL TYPE WITH BLUE-(THE BLUE TYPES WERE REPRODUCED BY THE SAME MAKERS THAT REPRODUCED THE BRITISH-GERMAN TYPE PINS.-IT SHOULD BE A LIGHT RED BACK GROUND.THE BRITISH-GERMAN PIN WAS NEVER PRODUCED AND IS A FANTASY PIECE-ALTHOUGH THE QUALITY ON YOUR VARIATION LOOKS THE MOST CONVINCING FOR THIS TYPE OF REPRODUCTION. I HOPE THIS HELPS AND I HOPE YOU STILL HAVE THIS RARE BADGE!
          Thank you for your help, John. I will try to find a copy of the Cone book you mention. Any idea how much the American pin is worth?

Welcome to the forum, BTW.
          Last edited by CurtD; 01-21-2005, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I kind of heard opposing opinions. What do you think of this? Its the blue example and it has only CTD on the back however the C almost looks like a G to me. Any opinions would be helpful on this!
            Attached Files

Comment

Back
              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X