some help on some badges 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some help on some badges 1

pics of german/british friendship badge. your views and if ok any approx value. thanks in advance
    Attached Files

rear pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chris clark
      pics of german/british friendship badge. your views and if ok any approx value. thanks in advance
      This is a difficult one. There is an American version shown in Cone's book, but I think the general feeling amongst enamel collectors is that they are probably fantasy. I'm not sure what my personal opinion is regarding their existence pre 1945.

What worries me about this particular piece is that it has a rectangular pin keeper in a space obviously designed for a round one. However, that's just me, others may have different views.

cheers
      Don

Comment

don yes i thought that about the rear fixing of the pin but this came with the very rare RAD pin i show on other thread which although does not mean every thing but means a little if that means sence. of the fakes i have seen they have a round fixing at rear

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen
          This is a difficult one. There is an American version shown in Cone's book, but I think the general feeling amongst enamel collectors is that they are probably fantasy. I'm not sure what my personal opinion is regarding their existence pre 1945.

What worries me about this particular piece is that it has a rectangular pin keeper in a space obviously designed for a round one. However, that's just me, others may have different views.

cheers
          Don
          Uhoh.....Here is mine....and it has a fifferent pin set-up with a round space in the middle. I am confused. Am hoping others would have this badge. Have a good one. Robert
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by burgerhaus
            Uhoh.....Here is mine....and it has a fifferent pin set-up with a round space in the middle. I am confused. Am hoping others would have this badge. Have a good one. Robert
            Now for the front for what that is worth.
            Attached Files

Comment

I am glad to see these pins being discussed. I started a thread a long time ago on these, and got virtually no response.

Here are my friendship pins. I have not been able to find out very much about these pins. But, I do believe these are original.

Notice on my British pin, the white flag stripes are all on top of the red stripes. On the other pins show above, the positions are mixed. I have seen this type being sold as repros (on Manion's).
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverses.

Anyone know what "C.T.D" means?
                Attached Files

Comment

I would be very hesitant to accept any of the British version as original, they used to appear on ebay all the time. The above pic is interesting from a comparison point of view. The difference between the American type and the British is quite marked. Look at the lettering on the lower half and the swaz. Big difference in detail and quality.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD
                    Reverses.

Anyone know what "C.T.D" means?
                    CTD is C.Thomas Dicke, Lüdenscheid.

I'm not sure I like the pin on that USA badge.

Cheers
                    Don

Comment

this badge has now been destroyed as a fake. thanks for replies

Comment

Do these appear in any of the Huesken books on pins? Does anyone have these books?

Comment

The inscription is wrong. Exact german must be " RING FÜR DEUTSCH-BRITISCHE FREUNDSCHAFT"

Comment

German/american Friendship Pin!

[QUOTE=CurtD]Reverses.

CURT,
                            YOUR GERMAN AMERICAN FRIENDSHIP PIN IS GOOD!...I HAVE HAD MINE FOR A VERY LONG TIME,THE QUALITY IS VERY HIGH AND THE PINBACK DEVICE IS THE SAME AS MINE-(QUITE DIFFERENT FROM THE USUAL / ORDINARY APPLICATION )AND IT HAS THE SAME FLAT AND DULL-FINISH APPEARANCE ON THE REVERSE SIDE!
                            IN J.R.CONES BOOK,IT STATES THAT THE BACKGROUND BEHIND THE FLAG WERE IN BLUE,BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN AN ORINGINAL TYPE WITH BLUE-(THE BLUE TYPES WERE REPRODUCED BY THE SAME MAKERS THAT REPRODUCED THE BRITISH-GERMAN TYPE PINS.-IT SHOULD BE A LIGHT RED BACK GROUND.THE BRITISH-GERMAN PIN WAS NEVER PRODUCED AND IS A FANTASY PIECE-ALTHOUGH THE QUALITY ON YOUR VARIATION LOOKS THE MOST CONVINCING FOR THIS TYPE OF REPRODUCTION. I HOPE THIS HELPS AND I HOPE YOU STILL HAVE THIS RARE BADGE!
                            Last edited by blutundstahl; 01-19-2005, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Hello Blutundstahl,
                              For my own records and reference information can you tell me where your information comes from? One always hears different opinions on these items so it would be nice to have actual references in regards to this pin. I have seen this pin, and others like the alpine rettung and nesselwang pin discussed always with some saying they are good others that they're fantasy items. If you have definative and actual references it would be very helpfull. Thanks for any info.
                              Duzig

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X