• Show
Clear All

A few more.
    Attached Files
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Chrys,

How can you tell if one is uranium glass? Are those all green? I know some of them flouresce under black light ...

@ Gaston and Mike - great displays!

Best,
      Greg
      Attached Files

Comment

Dear Greg,

Thats a very cool original box, first time i see it. I always presumend the glas buildings were (at least partly) issued in a hardcover luxuary box with a seperate "bed" for each glas statue. Under here my small contribution. Im having a hard time figuring out all the names on the statues, anyone have a list perhaps?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Gaston,

Here's an earlier discussion, with the names of the monuments.

Best,
          Greg

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ht=kaiserpfalz

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Walden View Post
            Chrys,

How can you tell if one is uranium glass? Are those all green? I know some of them flouresce under black light ...

@ Gaston and Mike - great displays!

Best,
            Greg
            Hey Greg,

It looks like a few of yours have trace amounts of uranium in them. The Marineburg piece has the most...I like it!

The pieces with uranium in them are the green ones...I take a portable black light to any green glass that I get in. When you have one that has a lot of uranium in it you'll know...it will really glow. If you look at the other two pieces in your photo you will see just small amounts in them.

Chrys

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
              Dear Greg,

Thats a very cool original box, first time i see it. I always presumend the glas buildings were (at least partly) issued in a hardcover luxuary box with a seperate "bed" for each glas statue. Under here my small contribution. Im having a hard time figuring out all the names on the statues, anyone have a list perhaps?
              You can also check out our book...we have all of them in there as well as the rest of the National Street Collection of the Winterhilfswerk.

www.winterhilfswerk.com

Sorry...had to give it a shameless plug!

Comment

"You can also check out our book...we have all of them in there as well as the rest of the National Street Collection of the Winterhilfswerk."

Chrys, are you saying that your new book has photos of all the WHW tinnies that were made and sold?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Dunn View Post
                  "You can also check out our book...we have all of them in there as well as the rest of the National Street Collection of the Winterhilfswerk."

Chrys, are you saying that your new book has photos of all the WHW tinnies that were made and sold?
                  Hey Mike,

The first book has at least one variant from every piece in the National Street Collection of the Winterhilfswerk. Not even Tieste has every variant piece in his books. Our next revision sometime down the road will have more of the variants included.

Chrys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X