The Blood Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cased Blood Order

Here are the two cased sets I own, a 1st and a 2nd model. The cases are tough to find, I know I only wanted cased sets and I looked for a long time to find them. The 1st I had sold some years ago to a friend but just recently got it back in a trade on a Knights Cross document.
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Brian, the 2nd pattern looks to have been much loved. Can you share the number range of each?

Comment

2nd model

Here is the 2nd model, has recipients name on bottom of case, listed in the Patzwall book. First the case.
        Attached Files

Comment

2nd model

the medal, #3073.
          Attached Files

Comment

1st model

First model to Paul Suma, an SA man. No one important, just a marcher! Listed at number 636 in the book.
            Attached Files

Comment

Brian, congrats on two very nice cased orders!

Comment

Brian, you should have Zellner's party cards copied from the NARA holdings. Always nice to have back-up documentation of his award as listed on the party card.

Comment

It would be also interested to know how many groups still exist.

Greetings

isonzo

Comment

If anyone is ever gets ready to sell one, Im in the market! I can pay with gold eagles.............

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Von Rader View Post
                      If anyone is ever gets ready to sell one, Im in the market! I can pay with gold eagles.............
                      Watch out Jon there is a new player in town offering gold for silver!

Comment

I just noticed the case above on the right for the 2 model BO. Were there variations in the interior design. I note that mine has a horizontal divider near the top to contain the ribbon and fix the medal itself by the ring to prevent movement.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                          I just noticed the case above on the right for the 2 model BO. Were there variations in the interior design. I note that mine has a horizontal divider near the top to contain the ribbon and fix the medal itself by the ring to prevent movement.
                          An interesting observation Joe. The cased 2nd pattern that I had in my collection matched the case pictured.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            Joe, You obviously realise that the case pictured on the right hand side here is a first pattern case. The case on the left is the 2nd pattern case.
                            All 2nd pattern cases have the recess area for the ribbon to sit in, folded to fit inside[3 times the length of the recess when you unfold it was the length it was issued with] There was no hook or anything like that inside to hold the medal in place, just on the 2nd pattern a recessed round for the medal to sit it. When I ever post or take out one of these I prefer to take the medal out for transportation and the inside plush is easily damaged and dented around the medal when it slips around.
                            First pattern case no recessed areas at all so the 2nd pattern case was obviously an improvement at the time.
                            There are 2 types of push buttons found on the 2nd pattern cases.
                            Whole subject on itself

This pictured 1st pattern is a sore point,I was promised it but the guy sold it from under me to the new owner who kindly presented it on WAF[not his fault he knew nothing of my agreement], win some loose some I guess.

Erich http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/viewph...ph=2844&phqu=5

Comment

Page 2-3 of this older thread shows what I am talking about in terms of the case catch mechanism...
                              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...er+case&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                                Joe, You obviously realise that the case pictured on the right hand side here is a first pattern case. The case on the left is the 2nd pattern case......................
                                Mea culpa.

No Jon, I didn't realize which was which. I thought the owner was presenting them correctly. I haven't seen enough first pattern cases to pick out the error. And I didn't notice in the photo the round recess for the medal and the divider with divot for the ring to provide the area for the ribbon. I see the divider now in the photo. But I should have recognized the differences in shape and the fact the name tag was on the square case rather than the rectangular one.

Jon, have you come across many examples of boxes with number/name tags on the bottom? Are they glued paper?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X