• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will guess 2500 for 2nd pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
      I will guess 2500 for 2nd pattern.
      What do you mean? Survived? Made? for sale? There were more than 2500 made, and certainly not 2500 left!
      How many examples do you have Chen, can we see one?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
        Hi Shane, As a very rough observation I would say I come across 3 or 4 available 2nd patterns for every available 1st pattern. That should be the fact anyway,one in three, as there were around 1500 1st and then nearly 3000 2nd.
        Jon, the wizard of numbers ! Hope you are not managing investments ?

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
          Jon, the wizard of numbers ! Hope you are not managing investments ?

Haha fortunatly not, but you would be suprised at the idiots who are
          Maths is my weak point,but I get by at work

Comment

Originally posted by shaneos3 View Post
            Hi Everyone,

Is there any chance that Bob, Jim, Erich or Jon could take an educated guess at how many 2nd Pattern Blood Orders have survived- I would think at least 10 times as many as the 1st Pattern. I agree entirely with Jim when he says "I think the Blood Order has to be one of the most politically important awards of the 20th century" but I assume he is referring only to the 1st Pattern or is the 2nd Pattern also fairly important given that it was given out much more liberally and to those not involved in 1923?

Kind Regards,
            Shaneos3
            There were more than a few 2nd patterns awarded to Putsch participants. The reason that they received a 2nd pattern is because they applied for the award after the 1935? application cut off.

Comment

Thank you Jon Fish and Erich,
              I guess that makes about 150 to 200 1st Patterns surviving (at the most, taking into account those in undisclosed collections) and maybe around 400 to 500 2nd Patterns.
              Thanks Erich for adding the fact that some Putsch participants received the 2nd Pattern. I for one did not expect this. That would raise the prestige of some 2nd Pattern Blut Orden for sure.

Cheers,
              Shane

Comment

Blood Order

What is the price difference between 1st and 2nd patterns, cased? Hard to keep up because the 1st pattern is rarely seen for sale. Anyone have a current estimate.

Comment

Both are hard enough to find cased!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian H View Post
                    What is the price difference between 1st and 2nd patterns, cased? Hard to keep up because the 1st pattern is rarely seen for sale. Anyone have a current estimate.
                    There is a big price difference between the two, cased or uncased. As Jon has said, the 1st patterns are rarely seen for sale.

Comment

Would $15,000 for a identified cased 1st model with copy paperwork (research done thru achives) be in the ballpark or too high, too low? I was figuring around $8500 on a cased 2nd. I don't really follow the political awards.

Comment

Would $15,000 for a identified cased 1st model with copy paperwork (research done thru achives) be in the ballpark or too high, too low? I was figuring around $8500 on a cased 2nd. I don't really follow the political awards.
                        15K would be the very top end unless attributed to someone notible. Uncased 1st patterns seem to be in the 8 to 10K from what I have seen but deals can sometimes be had.

Comment

Hi Erich
                          Thanks. Appreciate the info.
                          Brian

Comment

No,its far too high unless to someone special.
                            Deals can be had still, I don't like all this talk about prices because it's only worth what someone will put on the table,talk/tyre kicking is cheap and it only fuels prices one way-upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                              No,its far too high unless to someone special.
                              Deals can be had still, I don't like all this talk about prices because it's only worth what someone will put on the table,talk/tyre kicking is cheap and it only fuels prices one way-upwards.
                              I defer to Jon on this due he probably buys more BOs than anyone I know

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                                I defer to Jon on this due he probably buys more BOs than anyone I know
                                First problem is finding one, second problem is it's usually not for sale and final problem can sometimes be a ridiculous price. Get over those 3 things or win the lottery and you will have no problem!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X