nurnberg 1929 cased !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
    The case interior color is quite obvious, but is that a difference?
    Yes, one of the differences. When looking at the obverse of the medal there are differences in the lettering style which there is no variation on originals.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
      When looking at the obverse of the medal there are differences in the lettering style which there is no variation on originals.
      Wonder how you do it, I failed with the low resolution picture taken at an angle. But looking at the lettering on the box lid more closely, there are some differences I should have caught.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
        Wonder how you do it, I failed with the low resolution picture taken at an angle. But looking at the lettering on the box lid more closely, there are some differences I should have caught.
        I have studied these badges for a long time including all the die flaws which the fakes always lack.

Comment

Nurnberg 1929 cased award

When I saw the cased award in Andrea's catalogue, the grey colour of the interior was a very big red flag and I looked no further.

I am not too sure if original cases were also produced with a grey interior but I do know that the fake cases are in grey and that is enough for me to give these cased awards a wide berth.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
            When I saw the cased award in Andrea's catalogue, the grey colour of the interior was a very big red flag and I looked no further.

I am not too sure if original cases were also produced with a grey interior but I do know that the fake cases are in grey and that is enough for me to give these cased awards a wide berth.

Stan
            Stan, I have never seen an original case in anything but the royal/dark blue color lining. Again, the badge in question also has problems.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X