No announcement yet.

HJ Honor w/ Oakleaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weitze had one on his site not too long ago. It was Philip Bouhler's. I don't know if it still is on the site but it would give you a comparison. The last number is an 8 and wouldn't fit in with any gold markings of any kind. 14kt would be marked as 583 or 585. Based on the exposed metal where it is engraved and the overall dull appearance, it is doubtful this has gold content to it. The only time I've seen gold with this appearance was in 8kt which would be marked 333 and seems to be exclusive to European jewelers. Were any of these made without gold as replacement/walking out pieces? The content number would potentially correspond with a silver content (835). Also intriguing is what the engraving might stand for.
    Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      Weitze had one on his site not too long ago. It was Philip Bouhler's. I don't know if it still is on the site but it would give you a comparison. The last number is an 8 and wouldn't fit in with any gold markings of any kind. 14kt would be marked as 583 or 585. Based on the exposed metal where it is engraved and the overall dull appearance, it is doubtful this has gold content to it. The only time I've seen gold with this appearance was in 8kt which would be marked 333 and seems to be exclusive to European jewelers. Were any of these made without gold as replacement/walking out pieces? The content number would potentially correspond with a silver content (835). Also intriguing is what the engraving might stand for.
      Richard V
      i think it is 835, for 40 bucks I will take this strange piece. I will see when its in hand. Iam getting roasted for doing ths from other collectors not on this forum and to tell u the truth I could cARE LESS: I will take better pics when it is in hand,,good or bad,,I do not care lol
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Most collectors would pay 40 bucks for a good reproduction of this badge, so I don't think the heat you're getting is warranted. I've spent more than that in one night on beer that I pee out by the end of the evening where I have nothing to show for it the next day. I'm still curious if there is any information on pieces being produced in silver. Seems odd that a reproduction would go the silver route if these were only produced in real gold.
        Richard V

Comment

Originally posted by münster View Post
          i think it is 835, for 40 bucks I will take this strange piece. I will see when its in hand. Iam getting roasted for doing ths from other collectors not on this forum and to tell u the truth I could cARE LESS: I will take better pics when it is in hand,,good or bad,,I do not care lol
          Who is 'roasting' you for paying 40 bucks for a badge? That certainly isn't the case on the thread over on the Hitler Youth forum if that's what you mean by 'other collectors'. The matter of whether badges like yours and others which deviate from the norm are authentic is what is being discussed; not how much you paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Garry M. View Post
            Who is 'roasting' you for paying 40 bucks for a badge? That certainly isn't the case on the thread over on the Hitler Youth forum if that's what you mean by 'other collectors'. The matter of whether badges like yours and others which deviate from the norm are authentic is what is being discussed; not how much you paid for it.
            Hi Garry,

It was seeming to go in the direction that Iam verifying it is original, I stated it had attributes I liked, nothing more -nothing less. I have no problem with discussing that. I by no means am saying that it is original and will pay a low amount to look at it. I did reply to you on the thread and told you I wish to not discuss it anymore where my website gets pulled into it. I will post much better photos when it arrives for all to see. Iam interested in the badge as a curiousity,the outcome would only interest me fully if i had sank thousands into it. Iam glad you are on here and can interject your opinion. I value it to tell you the truth.
            Best,
            Dion
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Most collectors would pay 40 bucks for a good reproduction of this badge, so I don't think the heat you're getting is warranted. I've spent more than that in one night on beer that I pee out by the end of the evening where I have nothing to show for it the next day. I'm still curious if there is any information on pieces being produced in silver. Seems odd that a reproduction would go the silver route if these were only produced in real gold.
              Richard V
              Hey Rich,

It was stated by Ailsby, I think, that there is a silver version, thats on The HJ forum thread Don linked out. I didnt get to go through it in depth. I cannot make the content mm out on the badge I got but Iam pretty sure it is 835 .

Best
              Dion
              Iam Uncle Sam
              That’s who Iam
              Been hiding out
              In a rock and roll band

Comment

Richard V
                Hi Rich

Also want to clarify its a silver version but not in as a class Ie. Bronze , Silver and Gold.

Best
                Dion
                Iam Uncle Sam
                That’s who Iam
                Been hiding out
                In a rock and roll band

Comment

I think it is worth the money...you never know.

We read stories on the forum every week of someone getting lucky by paying little for a piece that ends up being original.

In the end it is your money so what is the big deal.

Good luck and I hope it ends being authentic.

Cheers,

Glen

Comment

Originally posted by 5ribbonbar View Post
                    I think it is worth the money...you never know.

We read stories on the forum every week of someone getting lucky by paying little for a piece that ends up being original.

In the end it is your money so what is the big deal.

Good luck and I hope it ends being authentic.

Cheers,

Glen
                    Hi Glen

I would pay that much even for a copy being it is worth that as a space filler. Iam just learning about them and do not regret buying this one bit. It is funny how I even got it because the bidding went to 80 euros to which I declined , the lot did also include a DRA sports badge and a DLRG tinnie. I declined on the phone and went back to watching TV. My phone rang again and the other bidder canceled. I just said ok and went about my TV watching. No problem at all paying for it, I really anticipate checking it out in hand. Good or not, its fine by me.

Best
                    Dion
                    Iam Uncle Sam
                    That’s who Iam
                    Been hiding out
                    In a rock and roll band

Comment

There is a golden HJ honour badge to Hitler in Hermann Historica"s latest auction-- it might be of some use for comparison.

Comment

Bouhler's and Weitze's are very similar (the latter is not a TR dignitary).
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                          Bouhler's and Weitze's are very similar (the latter is not a TR dignitary).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thats a very strange reverse needle on the Weitze pin?

maybe this might be of interest:

http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/hj-badg...ves-t1008.html

(old topic but shows a few variations, all three are very convincing in hand, even the zinc).

regards,
                            Gaston

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                              Thats a very strange reverse needle on the Weitze pin?

regards,
                              Gaston
                              I don't see how Philipp Bouhler's is different ?

Comment

How many versions of these are on offer? who is to say what is original
                                no two you see are the same.
                                Regards
                                Mametz

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X