Reichsparteitag 1933

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's right Jim.

I do remember and in my post i did not say that it was not good. I just have some concerns and it might be a die variation.

Mil

Comment

Here's another that is the same "variation" as my badge. The patina isn't as nice though.

Last edited by J. M. C.; 08-04-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

1933 RPT Abzeichen

Dear Del

Thankyou for the additional images of your 1933 RPT Abz. and my apologies for the slight delay in response.

Again and in my opinion, there is more than die relating to the solid back 1933 RPT Abz. and also, detail may very slightly differ, even from the same die.

Having said that, I owe you an apology as I now think that your example is a cast fake.

Attached is a photo merge of selected detail toward your badge and that from one which in theory should be exactly the same. This is the solid back 1933 RPT Abz. which has the slight pebbling behind the swastika.

I think that your example has lost the detail during the casting (the original examples were die struck) and also, perhaps we have a cast flaw as shown on image number 2, directly below the blue line.

Again, my apologies for originally offering a false opinion.

Regards,

David
        Attached Files

Comment

Cast flaw line.
          Attached Files

Comment

No problem David. Glad my extra pics could at least confirm it.

Didn't pay too much for it, so think i'll just keep it as a reminder to be more careful in the future - lol.

Nice to have a healthy debate on things - all a learning curve.

Cheers, del.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X