Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsparteitag 1933

hi,

can i have a second opinion on this badge please guys.

cheers, del.

Del

In my opinion, an original example of the solid back 1933 RPT badge.

Good overall wear and colouring to the badge and happy to see the original pin intact, although perhaps re affixed. Difficult to determine from the image.

My thoughts are original.

Others better versed will chip in here.

Regards,

David

Comment

Comment

I never get tired of seeing these. It's beautiful.

Comment

RPT 1933 Badge

Nice badge

Stan

Comment

thanks guys.

del.

Comment

Gentlemen,

I would have to disagree on the comments and would feel that it might be a copy.
              The details are poor with casting pockmarks on the front and reverse, especially on the feathers.
              The lettering is not as crisp as I would want from a master die.
              The details showing the letterings and castle buildings are also very poorly detailed and should not be worn as it's relief is deeper than other parts of the badge.

See other pics for reference and compare the level of detail.

Mil

Comment

Stan's badge, solid-backed unknown maker.

Comment

Darrick's badge, notice the crisp letterings for PARTEI and 1933.

Comment

I think Mil has made some good points and I may have been too fast to give a thumbs up on this badge. Some of the differences could be attributed to wear but after a closer look, the details don't add up with Stan's example or the other one shown. With that being said, I have major doubts and you probably should look for a better example with the traits shown. Good call Mil!

Comment

Erich, it's not due to wear.

The details just do not show up and the pock marks is a red flag.
                      Looking at it again, it is a definite no-go for this piece.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                        Erich, it's not due to wear.

The details just do not show up and the pock marks is a red flag.
                        Looking at it again, it is a definite no-go for this piece.

Mil
                        After further review, I agree with you.

Comment

sorry to say but i do agree whit both eric and military arround this badge imo its not collectable. i can refer to a earlier thread where we did analyce these 33 badges and the details whitin. sry mate .

Comment

1933 rpt

Dear Mil

I take on board everything that you have said, however and with all due respect, I somewhat disagree with your suggestion.

Again and in my opinion, the 1933 RPT Abz. that started the thread, is original.

I accept that the 1933 RPT Abz. is faked. Perhaps what is sometimes forgotten though is that there is not a definitive design here, that is, every solid back badge displaying EXACTLY the same detail. They do not and if thought otherwise, it is like comparing apples with pears.

If you look at the photo merge, there are marked differences to the design which are not due to detail loss or aberration caused during casting. The two immediate striking differences are (1) the background to the swastika and (2) the cityscape. A casual glance suggesting the same, however and in my opinion, they are not.

In my opinion, two different tools from two different manufacturers and where it just so happens that one and on close scrutiny, is more aesthetically pleasing than the other.

Only an opinion chaps.

Regards,

David

Comment

Photo Merge
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X