silver gau thuringia badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the gau thuringia badge in silver is i think one of the best looking gau awards.it would be great to see some of these on here.do we know how many where awarded?and is there a list of reicepients?

Welcome, the Gau Thurigan badge is also one of my favorites as well. The silver badges numbered to 1000 were awarded to the earliest Party members of the Gau. There were also honorary awards made as well. Here's my cased example along with a little grouping.
    Attached Files

Comment

badge and mini

Here is mine, along with the mini. Working on a cased example.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
        Here is mine, along with the mini. Working on a cased example.
        Very nice Andreas! I got lucky on my cased example because as you know, they're pretty hard to come by!

Comment

Erich, would you be kind to post a photo of the reverse, please?

Thank you, Erich.

Mil
          Last edited by Military; 06-05-2011, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Here ya go Mil
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Erich,

Thank you. I really appreciate this.

Mil

Comment

Hi transvision, and welcome! In answer to one of your questions, yes, there is at least one list, entitled "Die Träger des Silbernen Gauadlers der NSDAP. des Gaues Thüringen," which was a sub-section of the publication: "Dienstrangliste der Politischen Leiter des Gaues Thüringen der NSDAP" which was issued on December 31, 1937. This sub-section is comprised of an alphabetic list of the names of the recipients of this award as of that date, the city or town where each lived, and each individual's NSDAP membership number. Unfortunately, this list does not include the issue or control number stamped onto the reverse of each badge. If there were any other lists published containing the issue numbers matched to the recipients, I have not seen them...yet.

Hope this is helpful, and again, welcome to you!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by transvision View Post
                  the gau thuringia badge in silver is i think one of the best looking gau awards.it would be great to see some of these on here.do we know how many where awarded?and is there a list of reicepients?
                  Welcome aboard. The Gau Thuringen badge is a handsome one and there are many, many threads on this forum showing these badges and the controversial brass versions. Simply use the "Search this Forum" request at the top of the page showing the threads in this forum, and type in "Thuringen". Happy reading.

Comment

Hi, I always like an excuse to show my example
                    Attached Files

Comment

Dear Br. James, thank you for the wonderful information, not only here, but on other threads. The big question in responce to your post, "the publication: "Dienstrangliste der Politischen Leiter des Gaues Thüringen der NSDAP" which was issued on December 31, 1937. This sub-section is comprised of an alphabetic list of the names of the recipients of this award as of that date, the city or town where each lived, and each individual's NSDAP membership number. " WOULD YOU VERY KINDLY SHARE THIS LIST ON THE FORUM. I am a rather fervent list gatherer, and this would be a great thing to see.

Being rather eclipsed by Ericks and John Fish collection. Lists and pics have to do.

Comment

Dear Smithee,

Thank you for your very kind response; it is always my pleasure to contribute to a conversation whenever I can! I am sad to say that I am both electronically and mechanically challenged...meaning that I have neither the skill nor the equipment with which to post pictures. The sub-section on Silver Gau Eagles alone in this publication is 16 pages long, including title pages! Again, I'm sorry that I cannot provide pix.

Like you, I am an avid list-collector, and I also will forever be in the shadow of collectors like Erichs, Jon Fish and Andreas...to name but three of many!

Br. James

Comment

Thank you Br. James and Smithee for your kind words regarding my collection. I follow the rule less is more when collecting and try and be very selective on what I collect so my collection is pretty small in number of pieces.
                          Both of you are a real asset to this forum and much can be learned from you both. Best, Erich

Comment

Dear Ericks, your comments,"I follow the rule less is more when collecting and try and be very selective on what I collect so my collection is pretty small in number of pieces." are so correct and give good guidance to new collectors. You have pieces that we would love to own. Again, pictures and lists are what others have to enjoy.

I wish other notable collections could be shown to enhance our knoledge. I love the Political awards, but we do not see them, the other Gau Badges, the German Order.

Comment

thanks for the information. and hello to everbody.what is the dealer price of one of the silver gau thuringia awards. and which dealers would you recomend

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 9 users online. 0 members and 9 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X