This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

juoneen,
    Michael Tucker has one pictured in his NSDAP Enamel book that is very similar to this one listed as a transitional badge. Nice work on the close-up’s of the RZM logo and makers number. This one will be posted.

Comment

oh wow james...thanks for all the help. I wasnt positive on it , but it did have quality workmanship, and was really in a vets auction sale. I regret not getting a crack at more stuff but I guess ill snag it. Id say its like the earlier types, more on the unusual side. It also has that lip around the edge some of the later M1/ marked versions also have, so again my sincerest thanks..

Ill post the rest when i can get time to do what i need to do , and may have a few more not shown, but we will see. I never really ever paid much attention to the makers till recently.
      Last edited by juoneen; 07-14-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Here is my latest I know the attachment plate is not original but it could be a period repair who knows. I believe the original plate is still there under what appears to be an attachment device from a mini mutters cross pendent. maker is Ferdinand Wagner, Pforzheim.
        Attached Files

Comment

It's the 1st Party Badge in my collection, M1/63 - Steinhauer & Lück, Lüdenscheid:

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by James Noble View Post
              Here is my latest I know the attachment plate is not original but it could be a period repair who knows. I believe the original plate is still there under what appears to be an attachment device from a mini mutters cross pendent. maker is Ferdinand Wagner, Pforzheim.
              The replaced pin plate is known as period and also used to repair broken pins of Golden Party Badges.

Regards, Theo
              Wim Vangossum
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

NSDAP party pin

Here is an M1/14 w/ broken pin back
                P1020323.jpg

Comment

NSDAP party pin

front of the M1/14
                  P1020321.JPG

Comment

Conglomeration Badges

Well here is my contribution to the party badge thread.
                    The story behind these badges or conglomeration of badges is: They were fished out of a lake in Austria during a school trip in the 1970s.
                    Sadly the finder was unable to remember the name of the lake or the town that it was near even after pouring over Google maps.
                    I am guessing that the badges were thrown into an incinerator or fire with the intention of destroying them before one of the Allied armies reached the position and then the fire scrapings chucked into the lake for disposal.
                    There was quite a large collection and I catalogued most of what I had originally as a research tool.
                    The collection consisted of Party badges, NS Frauenwerk badges, NS Frauenschaft badges, Small Party eagles, SA pins and RAD pins and badges.
                    In reference to the Party badges only:
                    Here are my findings.
                    Most of the badges were the original painted zinc types with the exception of one which was plated and was more than likely enamelled but this had splintered off.
                    Makers marks were:
                    M1/10, RZM Location at the top, Pin mounting: Round Horizontal, Pin type Small brass with circular plate.
                    M1/45, RZM Location TOP, Pin mounting 2 Peg riveted, Pin type circular with 2 holes to take the pegs Horizontal
                    M1/77 RZM Location Bottom, Pin Mount: Deep circle Horizontal Mount, Steel Round base Pin.
                    M1/93 RZM Location Top, Pin Mount Low circle long Horizontal bars,
                    M1/105 RZM TOP, Low Circle Deep Dished reverse, Pin Steel with Round Base plate.
                    M1/108 RZM TOP, Pin mount 4 Horizontal Lugs, Pin: Straight pressed in crimped lugs
                    M1/120 RZM Location TOP, Low Circle with Side Gaps, Buttonhole Mount in either steel or Brass
                    The total of separate badges was around the 50 odd mark the rarest of these with only one example was the M1/105 of which there was only one.

Hope this helps somebody.

The Frauenschaft badges were all marked with the RZM on the upper left angle and had makers marks: M1/102, M1/109 and M1/157
                    Attached Files

Comment

Whoops I see we are counting so here are the totals:
                      M1/10 Qty 3, M1/45 Qty 9, M1/77 Qty 6, M1/93 Qty 3, M1/105 Qty 1, M1/108 Qty 3, M1/120 Qty 7 and finally indiscernible or indeterminate marks Qty 21

Comment

RZM M1/120 Wilhelm Deumer, Ludenscheid I think

Its my very first piece of history, Im very pleased.

Comment

Stanley and Christopher,
                          Those are two nice badges I have added them to the database list.

Comment

Hi all,
                            Ive just got this badge,I normaly only collect tinnies but this came with some tinnies.
                            I think its made by Karl Pichl,Innsbruck Austria.What do you think ?

Comment

Hi Jagged68,
                              Thank you for shareing this one with us It this the frist one of this maker to be added to the database, very nice one indeed.

Comment

Glad to be of service .Is this a rare maker then ? As I said in the first post I dont normaly go for this type of thing and I nearly traded this one the other day but im getting to like this one and may start to collect some more as its interesting researching all the makers and so on.
                                Cheers all,
                                Trev

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X