Seefahrt tinnie, opinions please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Holger Handke View Post
    Robert - it seems to look OK except maybe it's been cleaned too aggresively (?) You know from the Bender magazine article that the quality of the badges varies a fair bit. Maybe because of the quality the maker decided not to put their name on it...Holger
    I agree, the quality is not up to 3rd R standards, especially on the left side obverse lettering.

Here's a nice Scheideanstalt, with great definition...
    Attached Files

Comment

I just recently purchased a Seefahrt from eMedals by the maker Wilhelm Kolwitz, Bergedorf. I thought there may have been a mistake on the maker, so I wrote asking for confirmation. I thought it may have been by the maker Polwitz. They confirmed it as 'Kolwitz'. Could there be a Polwitz and a Kolwitz, or have the records been confused all of these years?

I'll post photos of the tinnie when it arrived in a week or more.

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
        I just recently purchased a Seefahrt from eMedals by the maker Wilhelm Kolwitz, Bergedorf. I thought there may have been a mistake on the maker, so I wrote asking for confirmation. I thought it may have been by the maker Polwitz. They confirmed it as 'Kolwitz'. Could there be a Polwitz and a Kolwitz, or have the records been confused all of these years?

I'll post photos of the tinnie when it arrived in a week or more.

Robert
        Hi Robert - interesting that you bring this up because in the article in the Bender magazine they list the maker as Polwitz but if you look at the photo of the reverse I always thought that it very likely could be Kolwitz. Either way, I congratulate you on getting that one. It has eluded me so far.

Holger

Comment

Thank you Holger,

Now I have just (6) more to find before my collection is complete. I had to buy this one in a set of (4) tinnies for $90.00 USD. I'll sell the rest on the estand when they arrive.

Robert

Comment

The Seefahrt by the maker Kolwitz finally made it to my door, so I thought I would post some photos of it. Enjoy...

Robert
            Attached Files

Comment

reverse...
              Attached Files

Comment

nice going Robert - most obviously Kolwitz and not Polwitz!

Comment

Thanks Holger,

I feel very fortunate to have found this hard-to-find tinnie. It's a little buggered up (eagle's head), but it's still a fairly nice uncleaned example. Now the search goes on for the others...

I shall secure any other Kolwitz I find in the future for your collection.

Robert

Comment

Robert,

What a magnificent display of the Seefahrt badge/tinine family. Your attention to detail is second to none. Very classy...

Dan

Comment

Is a CARL WILD, HANBURG 24 a common one?

Comment

Originally posted by Richardf8 View Post
                        Is a CARL WILD, HANBURG 24 a common one?
                        To be quite honest I'd have to say I don't know. I think if I were go to the SOS again I'd have a good chance at putting together a near complete set of Seefahrt's; they were everywhere to be found. At that time I had my eyes on other things. Now I'm combing through every site trying to locate the last (6) that I need, Carl Wild being one of them.

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X