Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seefahrt tinnie, opinions please...

Hello gentlemen,

I would like to ask you for your opinions on this unmarked Seefahrt tinnie. Included in the complete set of (30) Seefahrt tinnies are (2) unmarked examples. Could this be one?

I know there exists copies of the unmarked examples on the market today.

Thank you,
    Robert
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Robert - first post since joining - this looks fine to me since I have 2 unmarked ones that look the same. Did you get the list of makers from the Bender magazine article? I found a maker that was not listed there - Walter Demmer. If you got your list somewhere else I would be interested in comparing. I am missing one maker - Wilhelm Polwitz (of those I know). Since I am a simple member I cannot post pictures. Want to try things out for a while before possibly upgrading. Can always e-mail though...Holger

Comment

Originally posted by Holger Handke View Post
        Hello Robert - first post since joining - this looks fine to me since I have 2 unmarked ones that look the same. Did you get the list of makers from the Bender magazine article? I found a maker that was not listed there - Walter Demmer. If you got your list somewhere else I would be interested in comparing. I am missing one maker - Wilhelm Polwitz (of those I know). Since I am a simple member I cannot post pictures. Want to try things out for a while before possibly upgrading. Can always e-mail though...Holger
        Welcome to the forum. You've done well in collecting so many of the makers. I got my initial list of makers from Bender's article on the Seefahrt, as you mentioned. And, I have the Walter Demmer Seefahrt as well. I need a W. Powlitz as well. Here's a list of the makers I'm still searching for:

1. W. Powlitz,
        2. Overhoff & Co.,
        3. Gustav Brehmer,
        4. Karl Wild,
        5. Fechler,
        6. E.K. Haass,
        7. unknown maker,
        8. another unknown maker.

I'll see if I can't dig up the old Seefahrt thread with the full list of makers, and post the link here...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=Seefahrt

Comment

Thanks a lot Robert for the quick response. Look forward to that list. I don't recognize Haass so I've already learned something. I checked my duplicates and unfortunately can't help you with your missing ones. I got lucky when I started when I bought one off someone at an online auction site and he was able to supply 10 more! It's amazing though what some dealers charge for this. I've seen them in the $60-$80 range (Canadian) which is ridiculous. The most I have paid is 18 Euros...Holger

Comment

Originally posted by Holger Handke View Post
            Thanks a lot Robert for the quick response. Look forward to that list. I don't recognize Haass so I've already learned something. I checked my duplicates and unfortunately can't help you with your missing ones. I got lucky when I started when I bought one off someone at an online auction site and he was able to supply 10 more! It's amazing though what some dealers charge for this. I've seen them in the $60-$80 range (Canadian) which is ridiculous. The most I have paid is 18 Euros...Holger
            I've always hoped to find the cased 900 silber Seefahrt for a decent price. It's a capstone piece.

Comment

"Simple members" by the way, can post pics.
              You just have to link them to a photohost like photobuket instead of uploading them, as paid members can.

Comment

Originally posted by robert pierce View Post
                I've always hoped to find the cased 900 silber Seefahrt for a decent price. It's a capstone piece.
                Weitze is still offering the one illustrated in the Bender article but it's 950 Euros. I agree, that would be a great cap to the collection but I can't afford it.

The more I look around the various threads the more I think I may become a paying member. I'm a little ignorant about photohosts and I figure it will be so much easier to upload directly from my hardrive (in response to post from Gesundheit - thanks)...Holger

Comment

I'm hoping you come aboard. Your Seefahrt collection, from what you've told me of it, must be one of the finest. I'd love to see it. Do you have it displayed?

Yes, the cased Seefahrt on Weitze's site is my dream. I've seen others elsewhere, all around the same price. I suppose the rarity of these drives the price through the ceiling.

Comment

here you go....the updise down ones are ones that have different pin fastening or different style of maker mark - so Paul Schultze has 3 versions so the 2nd and 3rd are upside down.
                    Attached Files

Comment

2nd box
                      Attached Files

Comment

A man after my own heart! Wonderful collection! I find F. Zimmermann had a few variations of pin crimps as well; I have (3) of his Seefahrts.

Thank you for posting these.

Here's my humble offering...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!!! Much nicer display than mine but I decided I had too many items so could not afford wooden cases for eveything. One of these days...Holger

Comment

Holger, what do you think of the thread-starter Seefahrt? Does it look original? I think it has very soft details.

Comment

Robert - it seems to look OK except maybe it's been cleaned too aggresively (?) You know from the Bender magazine article that the quality of the badges varies a fair bit. Maybe because of the quality the maker decided not to put their name on it...Holger

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X