No announcement yet.

NSDAP 25 year Long Service award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some photos of a cased 25 year DAZ I bought a few years ago (second hand from a vet). Unusual in that it is for a female party member so qualified for the 25 year long service.
    Attached Files

Comment

Full photo with the maker number visible on the ring- (19). Photo was taken under fluorescent so some loss of yellow gold color, but some fire guilt can still be seen.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am not that well versed in the variety of fonts used for the lettering on the reverse, but there seems to be not much difference.
        Attached Files

Comment

The only points I might mention are the reeding along the four arms of the cross, the quality of enamel work and the ribbon. The ribbon that came in the case with this cross was for a female and was of the proper width and length prescribed in the Org Book. But, this smaller ribbon did not have the stipulated three gold colored stripes on each of the white border stripes. My smaller ribbon has a single gold stripe of gold bullion woven in the white border. I can only suppose that the width of half the size of the standard (male) ribbon was not sufficient for the three gold stripes on each side. But I notice that the ribbon of the medal under discussion has only a single yellow golden stripe, instead of the three on each side. Is the width the proper size?

This link is to a very fine discussion about the numbers of 25 year NSDAP Long Service medals awarded. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...4&highlight=25
          I suppose given the few numbers that there would be a limited number of makers.......or perhaps only one or two?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
            IF you will notice, the left wing of the eagle in the upper feather section has a flaw near the wreath. This flaw seems to be consistant on the few others I have seen with these features, so you can id this medal as to one manufacturer.
            Yes, i have seen it but forgot to mention. Its another point consistent with this kind of maker.

All the previous discussions that i have read here in WAF about this one concluded that this is a original war time piece.

Comment

The one showed by Joe is form another maker. My one is like his one, with the "19" in the ring:

Comment

Carlos, I can see the edge of your ribbon. It has the three gold stripes in each of the white borders? One large and two small? And they are made of gold bullion woven in the white,or is there yellow thread? Aren't all of these 25 year long service "war time" production?

Comment

Hello Joe,

It have 3 gold stripes in each of the white borders, its gold bullion woven in the white - no yellow.

I think all the examples showed in this thread until now are war time medals.

Another picture, and you will see the ribbon better:

Comment

Interesting. My ribbon is just like Joe's with three Gold bullion strands weaved inside the yellow, but my ribbon is wider - 1 3/16 inches.

I will shoot some better pictures tomorrow under natural light.

Comment

It is best to give the measurements in metric, as that is what the ribbon sizes were given in the NSDAP Org Book: 30mm and 15mm.

Comment

It is strange, but there are 3 different ribbon, in the fact of the edge strips.

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
                          It is strange, but there are 3 different ribbon, in the fact of the edge strips.
                          Are you referring to 25 year ribbons or ribbons for the three different grades of long service?

Comment

For the 25 year cross.

Comment

Here are three different ribbons: the smaller 15mm variety came with the cased medal and would be for the female version. The other two were purchased from dealers in the US and Germany after I acquired the cased 25 year medal with ribbon. I wanted an example of a standard ribbon issued to a qualified male.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The first of the larger ribbons is correct with the three golden stripes on white, two narrow and one larger, but the width is smaller (25mm) than regulations. The next largest is correct width but lacks the requisite gold color stripes on white.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X