NSDAP 25 year Long Service award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSDAP 25 year Long Service award

I have been searching the threads and it seems that there is not a agreed conclusion regarding the authenticity of these types of NSDAP 25 year Long Service awards.

By types I am talking about the suspension ring and font style text on the back. The "F" in Fur.

This ribbon does not glow and for what it is worth I have had it a very long time. There is no maker mark.

Would anyone like to add there opinion?

Here is mine, I believe this type is an original example.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

ive no problem with the suspension ring, seen thick & thin types, the "f" does look different to others ive seen, but otherwise ok. not easy to judge the enameling or gilding, as both often look different in photos to the way they look in hand. have to say, going on these pics, it looks good, if so a rare bird!!
                      sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Seens to be a nice "thin" ring example.

This maker usually has this "O" at the top possibly indicating a guiding circle for attaching the ring.

Just the ribbon seen to be a little diferent from the original ones that i have seen, normally it have some gold finish instead of yellow.

The ring has no mark, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by clevischi View Post
                          Seens to be a nice "thin" ring example.

This maker usually has this "O" at the top possibly indicating a guiding circle for attaching the ring.

Just the ribbon seen to be a little diferent from the original ones that i have seen, normally it have some gold finish instead of yellow.

The ring has no mark, ok?
                          yes, i noticed that too, i thought it might just be the lighting? but i think we are agreed, a good one!!
                          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Thank you for sharing your opinions.

I have another question. Did this maker, based on the font style and unmarked ring, also make the 10 and 15 year awards as well?

I have a coulpe of 10 year awards and one of them is very simular to this one in font style. I think the ribbon ring is alot thinner.

Comment

NSDAP 25 Year Award

Jeff, I, too, have one of these medals with the same characteristics. It came from an old collection I bought many years ago and the collector had purchased it as an original.
                              IF you will notice, the left wing of the eagle in the upper feather section has a flaw near the wreath. This flaw seems to be consistant on the few others I have seen with these features, so you can id this medal as to one manufacturer.
                              Then the question is, are these of the period or not???
                              My ribbon is sewn together at the top and appears to have had a pin, but no longer present.
                              The finish is nice and appears to be fire glit gold, unlike most repros, so I am holding out hope that they are period.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X