Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did someone get a monster bargain from Detlev?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a very interesting thread and I agree that all Gau badges are rare. For example the Gau Thuringen badge seems to have had three versions. The silver numbered under 1000 for the 1st 1000 Party members from the Gau, the frosted silver version given to VIP's and the bronze version that's not in any period reference and not known to whom they were awarded. I don't think we will ever know all the answers on these badges.

Comment

Gau Hannover Badge

So there we have it- there are hollow bronze versions, hollow silver versions and solid versions in Gold, and as nobody can post original examples of solid versions in bronze or silver we must assume that DN is wrong and that they never existed.

Perhaps another thought is that hollow versions in gold did exist (Niemann shows an example) and that the solid versions in gold were exclusively Honour awards for distinguished party members of the Gau...

Stan

Comment

I have a Bronze, silver and gold in the hollow type. I also have the gold solid back. In the 1970 - 1980,s the solid form was considered to be a fake. The silver and gold hollow type are very hard to find. One question is begged, why would you have the three colours in a tinnie?

It is possible that the solid version was a private purchase option.

Comment

Originally posted by WARLORD View Post
          I have a Bronze, silver and gold in the hollow type. I also have the gold solid back.
          Can you post photos of these?

Tom

Comment

Unfortunatly I can not post on this forum, but would be delighted to post the pics on, http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/

Comment

Gau Hannover Badge

Please do so Chris, I am sure we would all like to see them.

Stan

Comment

Unfortunatly I am a little unwell at the moment. But as soon as I can I will scan them and start a thread were one can see them. Possibly Stan you could? Put your group up. We could go much further. A most interesting subject and one close to my heart.

Comment

Gau Hannover Badge

Chris,

Will do so today.

Best wishes,

Stan

Comment

Gau Hannover Badge

Here's the thread:

http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=633

Stan

Comment

I don't believe one can discount the fact of the badge being hollow as it being a tinnie since the Gau Thuringen Badge is hollow as well. The points in its favor are that it is the same size and design as the other versions accepted as original Ost-Hannover Gau badges and it is a logical progression (bronze, silver, gold. I have always found it curious that this is the only Gau-Ehrenzeichen that references an event (Gautag) as do most tinnies. Several Gau-Ehrenzeichen have a year but none references an event. Yet with this one, even the accepted original gold versions (of which Stan has shown a beaut) they distinctly reference an event. It does seem improbably that for an award such as this to be produced in tinnie form for the event, would not have resulted in a greater number of survivors and that the tinnie for the event would not have been made with a difference in design or size. Are there any publications that reference this design purely as a tinnie in any form?
                      Richard V

Comment

I have posted the pic. I hope this is of help. Any further questions please post on the thread.

http://stirnpanzer.com/forum/viewtop...3&p=4880#p4880

Comment

Chris, I have registered and logged in but cannot view any of the images. I also get taken to the login page each time I try to post. Any suggestions?
                          Richard V

Comment

All you have to do is register as a member and you will be able to log on.

Comment

I've registered and logged in and still get the following in lieu of pictures

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Any suggestions?
                              Richard V

Comment

while reading the treasure hunting magazine which is a metal detecting magazine in england a guy found one in in a field somwwhere in england it was hollow backed and he didnt know what it was i could have bought it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X