No announcement yet.

DAF Tinnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Trev, certainly Sa & HJ are a good investment area but just be careful regarding the new fakes on the market.
    Martin

Comment

Very interesting and beautiful tinnies shown here.

Chris - why would a specific DAF, or any tinnie for that matter, commandeer more of a price over another of like organization? What seperates one from the other?

Martin- great NSDAP tinnies!!! I have started to look at more of these, as well as SA tinnies. Here is my favorite SA that was brought back by my father.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dan, as an ex Antique Dealer I believe the sames rules apply to Miltaria as they do to Antiques when establishing values. In most cases there are several factors to take into consideration 1) supply & demand 2) Rarity 3) subject matter 4) condition 5) quality 6)Historical importance 7) maker mark /hallmark etc. However this is just my opinion and I am sure not everyone would agree. Your SA Tinnie, although not one off the rarer examples looks in exceptional condition and as you know it's provenance is one worth keeping.
        Martin

Comment

several factors to take into consideration 1) supply & demand 2) Rarity 3) subject matter 4) condition 5) quality 6)Historical importance 7) maker mark /hallmark etc.

Martin,

Agree with you wholeheartedly but where does the layman find this information on tinnies today? There are very good reference materials (Manions Vol 1-4, Tieste) and this forum is excellent but is there anything current? Are the references materials still the gauge for the considerations you site above?

Also, you say the market is now introducing fakes! Would a pinned posting of fakes be something this forum could use?

Comment

Hello Dan, regarding reference works relating to Tinnies the only relatively recent publications available are by Reinhard Tieste, other than that there are earlier references by Rudolf Kahl - Insignia, Decorations and Badges of the Third reich, this Book covers numerous Tinnies and other awards. (scarce to find) Cowdery (para-military organizations of the Third Reich) Reinhard Tieste's - Tagungsabzeichens (Tinnies of the Third Reich) and pre Tieste references by Harry Rosenberg / Holger Rosenberg. The Ron Manion - four volumes (of which you are already aware). And amazingly as that may seem that's it. if there are other Author's I am not aware of them.
            Regarding fakes, ok Dan I will start a new thread with the current fakes on the market
            Regards Martin
            Last edited by Martin Harding; 02-06-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Martin,

Thanks for the support of starting a thread to post fakes for forum members to view. I believe it will provide valuable assistance and a reference repository for those tinnies that are in question.

Comment

Hello Dan, as you know collecting anything Third Reich related in Miltaria can be difficult enough as it is, and at times both demanding and expensive. And insult to injury attracts the bandits as you know via ebay potential bidders/buyers are often exploited with worthless fakes (and I do emphasise the word 'worthless') sadly recently a collector in England wasted several hundred pounds on fakes Tinnies (he was not a wealthy man and had spent all his savings on tinnies) how some people can exploit and take advantage to that degree is an utter disgrace. So hopefully the thread on Fakes will be benificial.
                Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X