Stan
    Attached Files

Comment

von Mackensen Badge

Reverse,

Stan
      Attached Files

Comment

[quote=RaymondG;2188349]I saw the name 'Von Mackensen' and I knew that Robin would have something.
        /quote]

As an aside, this cost 20-odd quid on eBay................signed by the man himself. Apparently, he and other old warhorses sold autographed pix of themselves in the 1920s, with the sales going to war wounded German ex-servicemen. The photo came with a letter to that effect, from von Mackensen's secretary, addressed to the man who sent for the signed photo.
        Attached Files

Comment

After 1918, von Mackensen was the honorary chairman of several veterans' and historical associations, among the the "Waffenring deutscher Kavallerie." This veterans' group was composed entirely of former cavalrymen and exercised some degree of conservative political clout in the Reichstag. The posted badges were various types of membership awards (there's also a "Mackensen-Kreuz" in silver and gold that predates the pins with swastikas). A Cavalry Day (Waffentag der deutschen Kavallerie) was organized every year from 1930-37 by the Waffenring and featured uniformed veterans' delegations of the old pre-1918 cavalry regiments and participation of army mounted units.
          Attached are a postcard and souvenir pin (Deschler-made) for the 1934 Cavalry Day in Munich.

Carsten Fries
          Attached Files

Comment

The pin -
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Very, very nice find Robin

That is the kind of thing that I really love, especially the letter from his secretary and proves that there is the odd gem on fakebay

Now that is what I call a real man's skull

It is exactly half the size of his actual skull!

Raymond

Comment

has any member on here have any more infomation on these fantastic badges.

Comment

Also like these signs. You can add Imperial and premium.
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's the first time I have seen the Urkunde for the Gold badge.

Thanks very much for posting.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                      That's the first time I have seen the Urkunde for the Gold badge.

Thanks very much for posting.

Stan
                      Same here! Beautiful and rare document!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X