Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Party Badge Pointers

Hello everyone,

I'm considering buying a 25mm version of the Golden Party Badge to add to my collection. However, I'm afraid I don't know enough about them to confidently spend my money on it and know it is authentic. So, if anyone could give me a list of pointers to look for on original badges, I would greatly appreciate it. I believe that the 30mm type for tunics has some slightly different things to look for too, such as a very round rather than oval-shaped O in the party name. I've already read a few things on previous threads, including that the oak leaves should go all the way to the edge, and the swastika can float in the center, or not touch all edges against the circle with its points. I guess that's all correct, but I'm sure there's a few more things to look for too. I just wouldn't want to get burned on by a fake, and I'd rather be a little more informed first.

The badge I'm considering purchasing is on an internet dealer site. I would post a link to it, but I'm not sure it's okay to do that. I have no reason at all to suspect anything bad about the dealer or that the badge is fake, I just don't really know how to evaluate it myself.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies,

Chris

P.S. What is the average price one should expect to pay for one in good condition, with the original pin also intact. I know that price can also sometimes (and I do stress SOMETIMES) tell you a little about it too.

Is the one you're looking at a Fuess or a Deschler? It makes a big difference as they look very different. I have a page on the 25mm GPBs on my website below. Have a look. I also have some modern fakes there.

I think it's also fine to post a link for evaluation.

Comment

Sil,

It's an unmarked pin. I'll try to post a link to it now.

Thanks,

Chris

Comment

The one I'm looking at is on a website called timetravelermilitaria.com. When I tried to post a link directly to the exact page, the link always goes back to the main page. So, if you look, it's on the first page of the WWII German Medal section, the ninth item from the top.

Thanks again,

Comment

GPG Deschler

The badge is 100% authentic displays all the correct features etc.I suspect the price is somewhat steep,nevertheless a lovely example.

Comment

Thanks Kyle!!! That answers my question 100%

Chris

Comment

Badge looks ok from the poor pics but Price is way to high! The badge he sells is a deschler badge. And if you ar considering buying it I would ask for some better pictures and show them here first, better safe then sorry!

Look at some more shops, you sure will find a cheaper one, check the german dealers, there are for sure cheaper ones, especially the small ones are easy to get for good prices over here.

Comment

It's a good one. Price is high but it's in lovely condition. I can understand the point that's made by dogtagman but not everone has the same patience and contacts to search for the best price. I'm always happy when I find a nice piece and I buy it -even when it's to expensive- afterwards, ofcourse I feel the horrible pain in my wallet But I can't help it, I'm addicted .
                So it's up to you Chris!

Regards, Theo
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by dogtagman View Post
                  Badge looks ok from the poor pics but Price is way to high!
                  dogtagman,
                  In your opinion, what WOULD a fair price be for the badge in question?

Bob.
                  I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.....

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all the responses!!! The number of different perspectives offered sure have given me a few things to think about. If anyone else has anything else to add, please do. All opinions are greatly appreciated and helpful.

Chris

P.S. I am certainly the type to jump in and get what I want sometimes, even if I have to pay a little more, and although I know that doesn't make the most sense. It's just the power of the impulse, I guess. However, the worst trouble that impulses can get you into is too quickly buying something that isn't original. I've learned a few expensive lessons about that already. So, authenticity is the main thing I wanted to get straight, from the start. It's always better to pay a little more and get a good one than it is to pay more and get a bad one. From the consensus, it appears that this one is at least a good one.
                    Last edited by Stahlhelm; 09-10-2007, 05:09 PM.

Comment

For a 24mm in Exc + condition going price is around 1200.00 from what i have seen.

Comment

Thanks Erich! In that case, I'd just be paying a few hundred dollars over the average price. It's amazing that when I think of buying new TR pieces, a few hundred more just doesn't seem to have the impact that a few hundred more would have for about anything else.

The only thing I originally wondered about was also the general lack of clarity in the dealer's pics. However, obviously there is enough detail there for most of you to be quite sure about it.

Chris

Comment

The badge is good so i say go for it and enjoy it!

Comment

Many thanks again to everyone for adding your expertise and advice. The wheels of decision are turning in my head, as I type. At least now I am well-informed about what I want.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Stahlhelm View Post
                              Thanks to everyone for all the responses!!! The number of different perspectives offered sure have given me a few things to think about. If anyone else has anything else to add, please do. All opinions are greatly appreciated and helpful.

Chris

P.S. I am certainly the type to jump in and get what I want sometimes, even if I have to pay a little more, and although I know that doesn't make the most sense. It's just the power of the impulse, I guess. However, the worst trouble that impulses can get you into is too quickly buying something that isn't original. I've learned a few expensive lessons about that already. So, authenticity is the main thing I wanted to get straight, from the start. It's always better to pay a little more and get a good one than it is to pay more and get a bad one. From the consensus, it appears that this one is at least a good one.

Thank God! I'm not the only only crazy boy if it comes to pay prices

Regards, Theo
                              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X