Tyrol Shooting Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soldon View Post
    Don - I take it Jack was asking about posts 94,95, "Kreisschiessen Bregenz 1941/42" badges, that at least my reply is directed too. To my eye, they do seem more the type of badge would be given to a visitor than a competitor. I understand the point you make in post 102 - Tirol Shoots, only badges given to competitors- but these Kreisschiessen Bregenz badges aren't strictly Tirol Shoots - they would be classed as Voralberg Shoots, whether they would have different rules I don't know ? I do know you have far more in-depth knowledge than me, when it comes to these Shooting Badges - could you say, if the Voralberg Shoots were different ?.
    It was all one Gau, Tirol-Vorarlberg, so the same rules applied. The same with South Tirol & East Tirol in 1944. And yes both of those Bregenz badges are Leistungsabzeichen, one silver class/grade, the other in bronze.

Comment

Thanks Don for clearing up the points raised.

Comment

Tirol Shooting Awards

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
        Which two are you referring to, I've posted a few pictures on this thread

Cheers
        Don
        Ah, I do not know how it happened, but by luck or something I had made my own post of the Tirol Shooting awards and the differences in the 1941 version and the
        1942, 43 and 44 versions and some how got lost in between my post and this post and just figured out what happened, I had not noticed this pinned post, call it a zombie post or whatever, I have "FOUND MY WAY HOME" there are so many questions that I have had over the years and a lot of the answers are in this post and I really can not figure out how I even found it.
        But this is cool.
        Don, I have some pictures I need to share with you, my collection of these SUPER COOL pins is pretty large. But it is hard to understand them and/or even find information on them.
        The info on this thread is SO COOL !!!
        JacK
        Attached Files

Comment

Glad that you found your way back

I'd love to see pictures of your collection. You can either post them here or send me a PM & I'll give you my email address.

Cheers
          Don

Comment

Hi Mr. Don, I have two Tyrol shooting badges, one is a 1942 Meister schutze with the number 1263 on the back. The other is a 1939 Landschiessen badge, not numbered. I was wondering if you still had the list of recipients of the badge in 1942 and if so who the badge I have was awarded to?

Thanks,
            Kenny

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny80a View Post
              Hi Mr. Don, I have two Tyrol shooting badges, one is a 1942 Meister schutze with the number 1263 on the back. The other is a 1939 Landschiessen badge, not numbered. I was wondering if you still had the list of recipients of the badge in 1942 and if so who the badge I have was awarded to?

Thanks,
              Kenny
              Hi Kenny,

I do indeed. #1263 from 1942 was awarded to an Otto Beier from Innsbruck. 1942 was the only year that Otto received a Meisterschütze badge.

Cheers
              Don

Comment

Thank you so much for your help! Was it a gold badge by chance? I can see small traces of what looks like gold wash in a few spots but the badge is mainly grey looking. I figured probably from the zinc construction.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny80a View Post
                  Thank you so much for your help! Was it a gold badge by chance? I can see small traces of what looks like gold wash in a few spots but the badge is mainly grey looking. I figured probably from the zinc construction.
                  You are welcome.

Yes, all of the numbered Meisterschütze were originally gold, but as you say due to the zinc metal, most have lost their colour.

Don

Comment

Comment

I hope I can resurrect this thread as it's had no activity in quite a while. I picked this 1944 KK Gewher shooting award up a few weeks ago. I have never seen a shooting award this small. It's right at the size of a quarter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nice find. This is the lapel version of the type of badges seen in post 108 above except that they are for Pistole rather than KK.

Cheers
                        Don

Comment

Wehrmann

Was the wehrmann badge strictly a marksmanship award or were there other military skills requirements ..?? It seems that by the name of the badge that some military skill is inferred.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsuprin View Post
                            Was the wehrmann badge strictly a marksmanship award or were there other military skills requirements ..?? It seems that by the name of the badge that some military skill is inferred.

Strictly marksmanship. It was for qualifying to a particular grade with a full bore rifle (Armeegewehr) rather than a small caliber rifle (Kleinkaliber).

Comment

That's right.

This category of shooting sports was known as Wehrmannschießen, with the type of rifle used for it being called a "Wehrmann(s)gewehr" (also known as a "Wehrmann(s)büchse" and "Wehrmann(s)stutzen").

For German-speaking members, a lot info on the subject can be found here:

http://www.feuerbixler.de/history23.html
                              http://www.feuerbixler.de/history24.html
                              http://www.feuerbixler.de/history22.html
                              http://www.feuerbixler.de/history25.html

(Even those who don't speak the language may find the pictures of the rifles, targets and period ads interesting.)

Comment

Sir Great reading. Thanks Alot

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X