Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shooting awards

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
    This is a qualification badge rather than an award. The distinction being that there were more than one awarded as the badges were meant to denote individual shooting achievement at various levels in the state shooting contest, not competitive recognition over others . The <ST1Tyrol</ST1 had the largest attendance of the shooting competitions with many top Third Reich officials attending including Himmler. As the contest grew in popularity from its inception in 1938, additional achievement levels were added. There were 6,000 competitors in 1938, 8,000 in 1939 and 10,000 or so participants in 1940, 16,000 shooters competed in 1941 and over 14,000 received various achievement badges.

I have quite a number now PM me if you want any more info on them or see more images.

Here's a couple of mine, can't fit them all on the scanner!

Cheers
    Don
    Hi Don
    I would like more info on these kind of awards.
    Dan

Comment

They are fairly scarce but not rare, now if it had the 4 year clasp added to it then it would be something special...... The mini is also hard to find.

This is the 3 year Gaumeister award for being coming top 3 years in a row, for the fourth year a small clasp was awrded which was clipped across the bottom covering the 3 year wording.

Cheers
      Don

Comment

Here's my 3 year with it's mini.

Cheers
        Don
        Attached Files

Comment

A new arrival...
          Attached Files

Comment

Closer
            Attached Files

Comment

An excellent picture Terry, thanks for showing it

Cheers
              Don

Comment

Hi Don.
                Here is a pic of the Tirol (Tyrol?) pin I mentioned in the PM. Also, a shooting badge that I re-engraved the swastika on after it had a run in with a dummy with a file. It was an ebay refugee I rescued last year. First one I'd ever seen, which is why I didn't get the target rings behind the swaz correct. The small pin came from my grandpa's WW2 Euro travels and he gave it and all his Nazi items to me in 1965. I was 11, and somehow managed to keep everything together until now.
                Ammersee

[IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Nice badges there. You've done a nice clean job replacing that Swaz. The lapel badge is very nice, it's good to see one that handed down direct from the person who brought it back.

Thanks for showing them.

Cheers
                  Don

Comment

Originally posted by Don Scowen View Post
                    They are fairly scarce but not rare, now if it had the 4 year clasp added to it then it would be something special...... The mini is also hard to find.

This is the 3 year Gaumeister award for being coming top 3 years in a row, for the fourth year a small clasp was awrded which was clipped across the bottom covering the 3 year wording.

Cheers
                    Don
                    Hi Don, is it just me or does the badge shown in post 15 say 9 Jahre on it and not 3?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Good spot Torston, I ommitted to check beforer replying .

It is indeed the 9 year version, they also came for 6 years. They're not really any rarer, they just get overlooked as I did with this one......

Cheers
                      Don

Comment

Has anyone got any more pics of the large badges in wear? Civilian or Military? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

During my research of the Landesschießen events held in Innsbruck from 1938-1944 (for use in a possible future publication) I was fortunate to come across some documents relating to the Meisterschütze & 3 Year Gaumeister badges.

As a result I am now able to supply names of many of the recipients of the numbered Meisterschütze & Gaumeister badges issued from 1941-1944. The lists I currently have are unfortunately not complete for all years, however I do have the full roll call for the 1944 Meisterschütze & Gaumeister badges.

The lists are long comprising of well over 2,000 names in alphabetical, not numerical order, so take quite sometime to research. However if anyone would like me to look up a number let me know.

Below: Meisterschütze 1942, #1043 issued to Karl Quooß, of Bregenz.........
                          Attached Files

Comment

Don, I picked up this original badge display at an SOS some years back. The seller had a cased set like yours also, but I could only afford one so I picked this one as it was named.The smaller badges are the prelimary Kreis shooting matches held before the big blowout.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Joe,

And very nice too! I remember seeing this when you posted it over on GDC many moons ago.

I looked up Schwinger in my lists, there was only one, a Fritz Schwinger from Bozen (ties up nicely with the badges from the earlier shoots). He qualified for the 94 Ehrenpreis worth 5 RM & scored 42 in the Wehrmann, 48 in the KK-Gewehr & 49 in the Pistole making a total of 139 as stated under the badges of the display you have.

Now the clever part, assuming that the badge attached to the bottom of the card is still the same one Fritz was awarded, it should be numbered 2269.......

Thanks for showing this great item Joe

Cheers
                              Don

Comment

Ausgezeichnet! Thanks Don. I was looking in various rank lists for Oblt. Schwinger. I did find one in a police list I had, Schwinger reaching Leutnant in 1943. But alas, there was no first name. The badges are mounted through slots in the parchment covered display board and held by cross pins. I will check the bottom award this evening for its number.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X