Tyrol Shooting Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyrol Shooting Badge

Hi.....I'm awaiting delivery of this from Detlev and am curious if anyone else has one or even one of another grade or year?

Tony
    Attached Files

i saw 2 other badges just like this one but they must of been diff years on- www.germanwarbooty.com

this badge hes selling has the same eagle design-

Comment

1944- http://www.premieremperor.com/shop/photos/1361.jpg

1939 - http://www.dasreich.co.uk/oa104_tir_sch_2784.htm
      Last edited by redartist; 04-24-2007, 10:39 PM.

Comment

This is a qualification badge rather than an award. The distinction being that there were more than one awarded as the badges were meant to denote individual shooting achievement at various levels in the state shooting contest, not competitive recognition over others . The <ST1Tyrol</ST1 had the largest attendance of the shooting competitions with many top Third Reich officials attending including Himmler. As the contest grew in popularity from its inception in 1938, additional achievement levels were added. There were 6,000 competitors in 1938, 8,000 in 1939 and 10,000 or so participants in 1940, 16,000 shooters competed in 1941 and over 14,000 received various achievement badges.

I have quite a number now PM me if you want any more info on them or see more images.

Here's a couple of mine, can't fit them all on the scanner!

Cheers
        Don
        Attached Files

Comment

A few more..
          Attached Files

Comment

WOW Thanks for all the info and very nice collection you have there Don. Never seen any of these before but couldn't resist the pretty little thing .
            Appears you have quite a lot of knowledge on the subject, must find out more one day.
            Perhaps the one i've got coming is Himmlers ????!!!!!

Thanks....Tony

Comment

Here's one of the earlier ones, silver grade. If you do decide you want more let me know as there are a few guidelines on what to avoid etc

Cheers
              Don
              Attached Files

Comment

Funny exactly the same day D.N had this one I had one 15 euro cheaper and others on offer, D.N sold it very fast no one seem to be interested in my ones, have some more but didn’t bother to put it in be course no one seems to collect them and I properly will sell the lot in the end to D.N..<O></O>
                Last edited by klaus; 04-25-2007, 04:31 AM.

Comment

That's true Klaus, for some reason they aren't very popular, which is a shame as they are well made.

I'm trying to get the full set but I will not pay much for them.

Cheers
                  Don

Comment

BTW Someone knows what this is exactly(Don ) (Tony im sorry if i mess your thread up)<O></O>
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by klaus; 04-25-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Klaus,

I'm not really sure, this design seems to be a mystery. Assuming that they are genuine to the period, I have a couple of theories.

1. That they were participants badges, given or sold to all who took part in the event.

Or

2. That they were event badges, rather like tinnies, sold to raise money for the competition..... However I really do not know

There were also round lapel badges available as well. See my examples from 1943, they are both the same size approximately.

Cheers
                      Don
                      Attached Files

Comment

And the shield one came with oakleaves as well...... This one also 1943....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Don , im pretty sure the are genuine off course this days the fake everything even humble badges like day of the workers but the are very well done and cant see why to fake something that hardly anyone would buy.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

Comment

Hi Klaus....no worries about the thread, good to see some more of these.
                            Did you have some for sale on here? I've never seen any of these before and that one of Detlevs just caught my eye and got me interested.
                            And Don, you obviously have quite a varied collection of these !!!!
                            Cheers....Tony

Comment

I think this one might be a scarce type

obv600-prechip.jpg

62 mm across, 2 enamel chips

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X