Attached Files

German Party badge for sympathy

Attached Files

Comment

Hello

A good one for me.

Lauri

Comment

Pure fantasy badge. Also note the M1/129 mark, as far as I know all 129s are bad, also the pin fixing is wrong. Thats quite apart from the fact the badge doesnt exist either!

Comment

The badge did exist, this has been proved by it's inclusion in period Steinhauer & Lück catalogues see link http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=88598

However, BarryG is correct that this particular piece is bad, it should not have an RZM mark at all as it was an early piece. The M1/129 is a very disputed number & should always be treated with extreme caution, I've never yet seen one that I'm happy with......

Cheers
          Don

Comment

You're right for the M1/129. Sorry for my mistake

Comment

Don's right - a fake badge. No one to my knowledge has ever produced a genuine M1/129 marked badge of any kind.

As well, by 1932-33 Ludendorff was already publicly denouncing Hitler as the ruin of Germany, so it's not likely this badge was ever reissued as a "sympathizer" badge during the RZM period.

Comment

Why love all those fakers that m1/129 mark??

Would it be come all from one source? You see them patined and bright new so the must in business for a long time.

Regards, Theo
                Freedom is not for Free

Comment

This company is still turning them out www.nicholasmorigi.com the one below can be yours for ******163;5.95......

Knock it about a bit, give it some aging & it would look more convincing. In fact I've seen the exact same design with aging being offered as originals for $50

Cheers
                  Don
                  Attached Files

Comment

German Party badge for sympathy

I would like to thank all for the input.
                    In my opinion I believe this pin is a reproduction and all others with the maker number MΙ/Ι29. I lived in Germany for 3 years back in the 70’s and one thing I noticed right away was how the Germans wrote their number ones (1). The little serif at the top is sometimes extended into a long upstroke, sometimes as long as the vertical line which can lead to confusion with the number seven so the number 7 has a horizontal stroke through the vertical line. I don’t ever remember the Germans printing or sometimes even writing a number one with just a vertical line like we Americans do, their number one’s always have that little serif on top like this- (1). I believe the Germans would never display the number 1 with just a vertical line. Example MІ/І29.. I went through the entire NSDAP Membership Badge Database and all the number ones listed are marked with the little serif.
                    So this is why I believe the MΙ/Ι29’s are reproductions created by possibly non-German fakers. If only the creators would have made the mark M1/129 instead of MΙ/Ι29. I agree with you Stephen no one has ever produced a genuine M1/129 marked badge of any kind.

Johnny

Comment

I've performed my own research on these pins maker marked M1 /129 for about 6 years, Stephen was correct then and now, these are fakes. Just my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X