Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fake? Hitler, ludendorff bagde

Hi guys

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this a fake/fantasy?

Cheers Thomas
    Attached Files

The pictured badge is definitely a fake (likely one of the RZM M1/129 badges). I don't think I've ever seen an unquestioned original or period reference to this badge - so fantasy? - let's see if anyone can come up with a real one.

Comment

Hello,
      The badge is not pure fantasy, it is shown in the Steinhauer & Lück catalog!

Christian
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Wickie; 02-20-2005, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickie
        Hello,
        The badge is not pure fantasy, it is shown in the Steinhauer & Lück catalog!

Christian
        Now that's interesting...... Christian, is this is from an original period publication or a reprint?

Does it only show these 5 NSDAP style badges or are there more i.e. the Hitler 1933 one?

Cheers
        Don

Comment

The scan is from a copy of the catalog, but I know the owner of the original!
          It shows only these NSDAP badges.

The 1926 Deumer catalog contains also the "Ludendoff/Gräfe" badge, but it isn't shown, just described.

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by Wickie
            The scan is from a copy of the catalog, but I know the owner of the original!
            It shows only these NSDAP badges.

The 1926 Deumer catalog contains also the "Ludendoff/Gräfe" badge, but it isn't shown, just described.

Christian
            Thanks for the reply Christian, I guess that this info confirms that at least these controversial badges did exist for a time. Do you know the date of this Steinhauer & Lück catalogue please?

Cheers
            Don
            Last edited by Don Scowen; 02-20-2005, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone

Thanks alot for the interesting info! Heres the back of the partybadge in question.

Cheers Thomas
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Bendixen
                Hi everyone

Thanks alot for the interesting info! Heres the back of the partybadge in question.

Cheers Thomas
                Hi Thomas,

As you have guessed by now these badges have been controversial for quite some time.

What worries me about your one is the wrong shape pin keeper.

Let's see what the others think.

Cheers
                Don

Comment

Sorry Don, the catalog is undated. But there is a "Reichsbanner" badge shown, so I think it is before 1933.

Christian

Comment

The badge pictured is a fake.

The original version dated from 1924-25, when Hitler was imprisoned and the Nazi Party banned. The 'rump' of the party membership was led at that time by Ludendorff and von Graef, hence the badge. Originals were in enamelled bronze and usually unmarked. These should never be RZM marked.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
                      The badge pictured is a fake.

The original version dated from 1924-25, when Hitler was imprisoned and the Nazi Party banned. The 'rump' of the party membership was led at that time by Ludendorff and von Graef, hence the badge. Originals were in enamelled bronze and usually unmarked. These should never be RZM marked.
                      Thank you for your input Robin. Myself & some others have felt for some time that these could possibly have existed & if so, should not have been RZM'd. Personally, I have avoided them as I just didn't know the answer.

Cheers
                      Don

Comment

Here's a variation of the badge in question:

Attached Files
                        -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Reverse.

Attached Files
                          -Ralph Abercrombie

Comment

Ralph.

In that case, I stand corrected.

That badge is obviously an original........and RZM marked. Never seen that before!

Comment

Great thread ...heres my contribution...i believe these pins are real....though i do not like the pin plate on the ones pictured.....i think this one has a chance of being real...i do not think the RZM mark is a sign of being good or bad...i believe these are in the same category as the deutchland erwach and adolf hitler pins, that we have had discussion in the past about.....
                              mike
                              http://enamelsofwar.homestead.com
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X