No announcement yet.

NSDAP Gold badge.Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - 464 would be the holder's NSDAP membership number.

The sanding of excess metal from the edges of the rotograving is a very good thought to explain the lines. There simply weren't enough of these badges returned to account for "recycling" them with a new number.

Comment

I also aree that the sanding could have produced the lines. These badges could have been pre made without a number and later engraved for a member. Replacement badges seems most likley to me.

Comment

Friends thanks for the information. If I have correctly understood badge belonged to a member of a party with number 464. And it is possible is official replacement to a sign with a usual variant of number. A similar question on manufacture of awards. Number with the letter "L/11". And number of the manufacturer without "L".(11) Some experts consider, that letter "L" was put on repeated signs. I am right?

Comment

Yes, It belonged to NSDAP Member # 464. There are two standard numbering fonts for 30mm badges and this is one of them. ALL 30mm badges were made by Deschler.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
            Yes, It belonged to NSDAP Member # 464. There are two standard numbering fonts for 30mm badges and this is one of them. ALL 30mm badges were made by Deschler.
            Thanks Friends. I only have started to collect
            GPB. Also it is my first GPB. It was very important to me to learn opinions.
            Last edited by Andre Murti; 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X