Blood Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order

Is there the remotest chance that this is genuine?
    http://www.manions.com/bid/bid.aspx?...0061117#photo1

no sorry,its a complete fake,reproduction. a shame ,I thought Mannions were supposed to be cleaning up their operations these days?
    Someone is already in to it for $2340 ,hope they see this thread and get out fast,or Mannions see this thread and do something about it.

Comment

THANKU
      Would you have some comparison photos, so I can see what I am looking for. I thought it looked pretty good with the statues and the lions distinct. Most fakes look like bozo the clown is sitting in the halle.
      Attached Files

Comment

halle

the statues
        Attached Files

Comment

I thought the lions look good also. That is too bad 'cause I would really like to own one and the price seemed with reason.
          MiniTanks again

Comment

Each item in a Manion's auction has a "Comment" button you can use to inform them of errors or misrepresentation of the item. They've been pretty good about fixing errors I've commented on in the past.

Scott

Comment

What would I comment on?
              "I think it a fake, because ???"

Comment

You could post a link to this thread. I would think Jon Fish's expertise with these things is well known. Doesn't guarantee Manion's will change anything, but it couldn't hurt.

Scott

Comment

Scott, thank for the nice words but I don't think thats the case,although I am confident in my ability to avoid fake BO's. This one is a fairly easy fake to spot.There are many problems but a few include the feathers to the eagle are far to pronounced in their lines and detail, the silver finish is not correct also. The reverse is a big problem,the numbering style and font is wrong,the arche ridges are far to pronounced,crude swastika ,not even straight lines. Sun rays in the wrong positions in relation to the letters. Lots more but thats a few.
                  I did seea very good fake at Kassel,that the sellar insisted was original, as well as 3 or 4 other fakes being sold as original. There was only the one original and that accompanied me home to England

Comment

oh sorry, there was one other original 2nd pattern with a big dealer,but at a crazy high price and with a repro ribbon ,so it stayed on his table

Comment

Can you show us some comparision to the flaws you pointed out?

Comment

wheni get some light and time at the weekend I'll try to do a comparison photo,but for now take it from me,its fake.

Comment

I look forward to it! However, without visual proof, I am not going to just take your word for it, no offense meant. I am sure you are meaning well and have the knowledge. I will wait for the sun to shine and see some pictures. I imagine it will be on Manions for a while.
                          ThankU very much again.

Comment

Originally posted by ethreecee View Post
                            I look forward to it! However, without visual proof, I am not going to just take your word for it, no offense meant. I am sure you are meaning well and have the knowledge. I will wait for the sun to shine and see some pictures. I imagine it will be on Manions for a while.
                            ThankU very much again.
                            "The reverse is a big problem,the numbering style and font is wrong,the arche ridges are far to pronounced,crude swastika ,not even straight lines. Sun rays in the wrong positions in relation to the letters. Lots more but thats a few."

That should be enough proof, even without pictures. Jon's one of the most experienced BO collectors out there, and I'd take his word over pretty much anyone elses.

Rob

Comment

I hear a lot of talk, but a picture comparison is worth 10,000 words. I am sure that Jon means well, but!
                              Show me the comparison and I will jump all over Manion's myself, but I have nothing to prove my argument, don't you see what I mean? You will never get anywhere running around believing everything people tell you with some sort of proof I was the 32 President of the United States, but I don't have any of my white house photos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X