No announcement yet.

Golden Hitler Youth Badge of Honor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also it might be worth noting that the badge was won in a small country auction house in which there were about thirty other small third reich items, mostly just common patchs, pins, etc. The best item was a political leader gorget. I believe every item was genuine. There was not a single item that could be identified as a definate reproduction. My winning bid on the HJ badge was $130. Mike

Comment

Concur...

Mike-

I would tend to concur with you. Generally those small out of the way auctioins can turn up some really nice pieces and most of the time are completely genuine.

Would you mind giving me the full reference for Forman and that reference - looks like I book I need to add to my reference library.

I look forward to more of your postings and thanks !!

Regards-

Kevin

Comment

Found it...

Mike-

Found the reference - sounds like a good research tool....I'll have to try and get a copy...

Regards-

Kevin

Comment

Kevin, Forman's book is mostly a price guide with pictures. Also the prices quoted mostly tend to be on the very high end. As an example he quotes the value of my HJ badge at $450. which is much too high. Still it is a very usefull book. He brings out a new revised edition every few years and I always purchase it so I do like the book. The list price is $49.95 but the best price that I can find on it is $39.96 plus shipping. Here is the link to that book seller's web site. Mike
          http://tollehausbooks.com/

Comment

Good Addition

Mike-

Thanks - Albris had it at $50 - I ordered it from your recommended web site - nice site by the way !! I look forward to adding it to my library.

Best regards-

Kevin

Comment

Formans guide also has fake badges listed as original

in the 3rd edition on page 287 there is a 1942 Gausieger badge that is actually a 60's or 70's fantasy,there were only 1938,1939 and 1944 badges.anyway its not a bible

Richard van Kempen

Comment

Foreman's is not 100%, that is true. But I have seen this type of pin and catch arrangement on more than one Golden HJ pin. Kai Winkler currently as one exactly like this for sale on his site. The pin and catch are perfectly acceptable.
                Richard V

Comment

More G2

Unfortunately Richard is right; as we all know, many publications by the collector with the best intentions posts fakes as originals due to a lack of knowledge in a particular collecting field.

Mike-
                  I also saw this particular pin in Detlev's reference book - and I too have seen that catch type on period badges. Additionally, that red-pebbled look is exactly like other HJ badges of the period.
                  Anyway, lets hope that it is original and keep searching for more data. Good find too. Also, thanks for the lead on the reference book; the more references one has, the more one can compare, the better informed judgement a collector can make.

Regards-

Kevin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X