• Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

4r

de
      Attached Files

Comment

The fingers i would love to have re-done?Every thing is period original.

Comment

y

Would love some help!has anyone herd of a german doll maker by the name in the picture?

Comment

Kinda creepy. Really cool though!

Comment

hj

Just found a good spot for Boy!
              Attached Files

Comment

hj

34d
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justina
                  Just found a good spot for Boy!
                  In regard to the HJ mannequin, I would leave as is. Very cool, in my opinion.

As for your Kriegsmarine Flag hanging over your bed .....geez.... how very Martha Stewart
                  When you go home
                  Tell them for us and say
                  For your tomorrow
                  We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
                  Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

Very neat! It looks great in the uniform, but I think you should take him out of the case--it looks inhumane!
                    Seriously, it's very difficult to find a period mannequin--this one looks great. I'd leave the hands as they are, by the way.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich
                      Very neat! It looks great in the uniform, but I think you should take him out of the case--it looks inhumane!
                      Seriously, it's very difficult to find a period mannequin--this one looks great. I'd leave the hands as they are, by the way.
                      Erich
                      Hi Christina

Imo this doll is authentic from the 20/30-ties( period style). The broken hand shows a solid construction system. I wonder how far the parts of this doll are authentic? I don’t want you to feel bad. If I would intending buy this doll, I would be critical (as always). The head could belong of another doll……yes/no…. The shoes and bottle a.o. are used items(?)…… I presume the shoes are of leather? If it’s leather, normally you would expect to see them as ”new” ( dolls don’t walk), plaster is breakeble( hand), leather not…..…..but you never know.<o =""></o>
                      Thank you for posting this lovely very rare item .

Cheers,
                      ben baars

Comment

Correction......I mean the parts are probably period authentic, but perhaps not directly belonging to the doll . Just a thought.

Comment

hj

Hi,Thanks for all the nice comments on Store display!I took off the shirt open and pants down he is all original parts!shirt pants and belt are for sure original to it!as far as the other stuff well maybe the tooth fairy added the other stuff ?but it is all original?Shoes are ment to be worn so why would the store owner back then put on a new pair when he could sell them ,and the older ones looked better ?just my opinion .You are right the shoes are the only thing that is well worn looking?Thanks again for the comments guys!
                          Last edited by justina; 03-10-2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

hj

confused:
                            Last edited by justina; 11-25-2006, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Ms. Justina, A very nice display. I was wondering if the kerchief knot is marked in any way? I have a knot exactly like yours and it has an RZM mark but no manufacturer number. Good job and thanks for showing it to all of us. Robert

Comment

hj

Hi Robert,Thanks for the kind words! i will check on the knot here in a bit?i did not even know they had one?i will post your anwser here in a few minutes.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X