Attached Files

Comment

Side view - reverse:
            Attached Files

Comment

Another side view:
              Attached Files

Comment

Still hoping for some comments from Forum members on my medal above. I note from another thread started on 11-11-2004 by ShaunM entitled "25 Year NSDAP Long Service Award", some interesting comments from several Forum members, such as:

sjl (Stephen) Ouote:
                ....the thin ring assembly is shown as correct in Forman's Guide and Littlejohn & Dodkins (p. 70).

The oakleaf wreath on originals is also fairly flat and undetailed (not like the wreath on cap eagles)....Unquote
                in response to ShaunM:

Quote:
                <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by ShaunM
                I have been doing a bit of research myself and from what I have have found
                I think I will give this one a miss.
                Reasons being
                1. These pieces should be of exceptional quality (like a piece of jewellery)
                2. Suspension ring only being thin possibly should be fat
                3. The detailing on the oakleaf wreath, eagles wings and feathers not so good.
                4. Lettering is quite fat and not well defined.
                5. The white enameling to me seems a bit unprofessional for an award of such prestige.
                Thanks to everyone who has posted their opinions.
                Shaun

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

also "kurskss" Quote:

all original 25 year awards are not equal.. as stated there is a version that is not built up ala the 15 year..also,on real ones that i have seen,the swastika was incredibly badly formed,not crisp at all. as far as the lettering,it can be all over the place in terms of style and quality as they were hand finished....Unquote.

and also Craig Gottlieb, Quote:

It has always struck me as strange how poorly constructed some of the NSDAP medals, particularly the middle award (the blue one) are. There seem to be some manufacturers that produced extremely high quality examples,while others produced some that were very poorly made. I have also noticed that some are very thin, while others are thicker....Unquote.

Your feedback will be appreciated.

Regards,
                John

Comment

deleted due to double entry
                  Last edited by jwburchell; 02-24-2006, 03:26 PM. Reason: double entry

Comment

John, sorry I didn't notice that you posted your medal for review. If the ribbon glows under a blacklight, it is a post-war copy. There are three-piece constructed party crosses for sure, but only with the lower grades. The only "accepted" original 25-year cross in the one-piece "thin" type with "19" maker marked ring. Your cross is very likely glued together, as they did make copies that way. I would not consider your cross to be original, and this is not the one you want in your collection. Just my opinion, of course...Tom

Comment

At this point, I would like to say how I think the 25 year cross might be found. It is in a thin form and a thick form. Both are correct. The makers mark normally found on the thin form is 19. However it is more the rule that you find the cross unmarked. Other known makers are 1,10,20,100 and RZM M1/52. THESE MARKS ARE VERY SELDOM SEEN.
                      As to the last cross there are a number of points that would cause concern, but withought handling the piece it would be totally wrong to say it was not original. Unfortunatly I can not post on here, but would do so on other media. I hope this is of assistance.

Comment

nice

Hello,

Denfor, I bet that made your day to find out your cross was original. The second cross listed by jwburchell looks like a reproduction with that big ring, lack of detail and off-angled lettering. This is just an observation and my expierence is limited.

William Kramer
                        Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

Denfor's cross has a different lettering than this cross from therupturedduck.com

This one is supposed to be genuine, $3200

Here's another one from the same site, this with same lettering as Denfor's ?

Either there are 2 types of lettering the word "fuhrer" or one or all are fake.

Comment

Hi

I have just sold my 25Year NSDAP after it was physically inspected and confirmed as correct by Detlev Niemann.
                            So, possibly there are two types of lettering.

Regards .. Dennis

Comment

Did he do a writen expertes of the cross?

Comment

Hi warlord

I did not receive any written confirmation, as Detlev was acting on behalf of the buyer as intermediary in a large transaction.

I presume the buyer got written authenticity.

Regards
                                Dennis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X