No announcement yet.

GO3 cased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definately different than this one: http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPa...edals/m004.htm
    pseudo-expert

Comment

Just some additional info .... according to Forman's Guide 3rd edition copy. 2001:

In 2001 the 3rd class was estimated at $15,000, then the case another $4,500 ..... close to $20k 5 years ago

The examples by Forman and Angolia have a pin that doesnt have bottle neck shape with as much curve as yours. It is a more gradual curve to the widest part in the center.

Comment

ethreecee
        IMHO you knew this was a fake from the get go. I recognize you from ebay and epier when you sold these as high quality reproductions a few years back.

Comment

The one at Bill Shea's site (The Ruptured Duck - link above) clearly shows the way the wreath around the party badge should be in an original, as well as the fire gilt. Bill's German Order is exquisite, even at $16,500.

I'm personally glad the repros were made using another repro as the model.

Comment

fake

If you followed this thread from the beginning like you should, before casting inuendos, you would have read and seen that I said I had produce 250 reproductions from this piece! tsk, tsk...such things to say without reading first!

I have never sold any my repros as originals and you know that!
            I take pride in my workmanship. I have never misled any of my customers!
            Here is an example of the pin talked about.
            Attached Files

Comment

The pin
              Attached Files

Comment

reproduction

This is the reproduction and you can clearly see the difference....
                Cyrus Lee sells my reproduction on FHQ
                Attached Files

Comment

Sorry - I think you misunderstood me. I never suggested these were being sold as originals.

In a world of near perfect fakes I am happy that less adavanced collectors have the chance to buy an excellent repro without danger of it falling into the unscrupulous secondary market to be sold as an original. Frankly, I think all "museum copies" should be stamped REPRO on the back to keep people less honest than yourself from passing them off as originals.

That's all I was trying to say.

Comment

I understand

Thank you and I understand. I have invested a good deal of money on R&D and production to give these quality repros. I always leave a hallmark to indicate my work
                    Attached Files

Comment

hallmark

another hallmark
                      Attached Files

Comment

hallmark

one more
                        Attached Files

Comment

I got one of these a couple of years ago on yahoos auction site from ethreecee2004 for $25.00... $25.00 was all it was worth for this bauble. Strange how the seller then, matches this one, Anyways 5 of these same items were sold on yahoo auctions that same month from ethreecee2004

here is a link to the auction.

http://pageuser.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/84397221

and the seller

http://ratings.auctions.yahoo.com/sh...ethreecee2004&

in not sure it still works given the time passed

make your own minds up
                          Last edited by Craigob; 01-03-2006, 07:02 PM.

Comment

I saw those oakleave and sword on ebay recently, sold for 90$ from the same seller who was trying to sold a real (fake) for 25000$ and I am not sure, but I believe this oak set got your stamp behind. I hope he is not a friend of yours.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ayphotohosting

Comment

this may be of help....just click link

http://www.catalogue.com.pl/nsdap/n.html

then click priesliste..:

Comment

Thank you all for your contributions and opinions.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X