GO3 cased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GO3 cased

Forgive me please if I have placed this in the wrong category. I would like opinions on this piece. I have owned it for ten (10) years now and I discovered your fine forum just three years ago and it occured to me, that I could benefit from your vast pool of knowledge. I will tell you where I found this and how much I paid for it after all your opinions.
    Attached Files

reverse

The reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

cased

in the case
      Attached Files

Comment

on the edge

the edge view
        Attached Files

Comment

more

more angles
          Attached Files

Comment

I'll weigh in first.

The central Gold Party Badge in your badge does not look like the type I have seen used on original German Orders. It should be identical in design to the Fuess small Golden Party Badge, except on the German Order it is 21mm instead of 25mm. Specifically what is different are the laurel leaves. In your version they are oakleaves, and they lack the distinctive "railroad ties" underneath the leaves.

Comment

Thank you for your input. The centerpiece is 21mm. Do you think it is post-war?

Comment

rays

Here is a close of the laurel leaves. There are no "rays", however there are no "rays" in the example in Angolia's book/
                Attached Files

Comment

The pin worries me as well as the differences on the wreath. The pins on the examples I've seen have a more subtle taper to it than this I'm afraid.

Cheers
                  Don

Comment

Do you have a better close up of the central disc? The lettering appears much more closely spaced than the one original example that I have seen, especially between the L-S.
                    Richard V

Comment

disk view

Let's try these pics of the centre disk and see if it give you enough data
                      Attached Files

Comment

another view

here is another view of the lettering
                        Attached Files

Comment

I'm afraid there are "rays" on all the ones on Angolia's book, at least in my copy (p. 225-27). As well, the words "NATIONAL-SOZIALISTICHE", etc, should not touch the edge of the inner/outer border as they seem to in your example.

Comment

Is this a post war piece? If so, would you know who produced it and how many are out there?
                            ThankU

Comment

They appear pretty regularly on Manions for $50-$100. There are several manufacturers of current copies. Here is a Russian site with the $80 repro: http://capral.webzone.ru/fashizm/gorder/gorder.htm

Soldat offers d ifferent one:
                              http://www.soldat.com/ord%20German%20Order.htm

This site has superior copies for $600 CAN: http://www.thirdreich.ca/museumcopies.php?section=other.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X