Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.hermann-historica.de/aukt...b=kat69_3R.txt

Comment

"I believe they are an honor badge, but not the officiaal gau badge. I still have not seen any period reference to the bronze version, but do not doubt the originality of them."

I agree with you, Bob, especially since these bronze badges were each numbered on the reverse, just as each Silver Eagle was. But, assuming that Jo's last comment was made in jest, there must be some reference to a "bronze Gautages Adler" out there somewhere!

Br. James

Comment

Someone will be able to make a lot of stinkers with them. Wouldn't it be best to just destroy those?

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
          why does the citation for the Silver award stipulate "in Silber."
          Let me take a wild stab at this one. For the same reason that the solid gold HJ badge was known as, and also printed on the citation as; Das Goldene Ehrenzeichen .....
          As the image from the 40`s i uploaded shows, as does every other period reference to this Traditionsabzeichen, it says that it is made in silver!
          Solid silver, made in silver, hence the silver on paper.

Let's face it, no one currently knows for sure why these Bronze badges were issued......
          Would it not be better to face reality and accept historical fact for what it is, first, before asserting your personal opinion as fact by claiming that the bronze version was actually issued. (per this quote)
          Or do you have proof they were awarded?

Yes i also read the word vet on this thread, and the words "no doubt original" a few times. I even looked inside them, but they were empty
          Always when i look they are empty. Footnotes gone, not a source in sight, eben, empty. Really unfair guys, thanks a lot.

Comment

why were they numbered
            I almost forgot to answer this
            For the same reason that other awards were numbered? It`s an almost blind stab in the dark i know, but i have good feeling about this one. Trust me.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X