Aachen political uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick E View Post
    earlier on when piping was black twist you see silver buttons..this coat is fine with gold buttons..what color is the tab listen looks worn and can't tell..but I'm betting on gold. Heres snother example same.config.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/kqbkNvnAcFhy7G8f6

Yes, the pre-1939 Kreis uniforms had silver colored buttons, buckles and visor chin cord with the black piping. But uniforms for the Kreisleiter had gold colored buttons, buckle and chin cord. You can find the regulations in the first five editions of the Organisationsbuch. According to the regulations, the Kreisleiter wore tabs with double Garde Litzen in gold. All other ranks wore silver colored insignia. The tabs on this tunic are silver colored Litzen.

Originally posted by DIRKIO View Post
    Nice tunic!
    My thoughts and correct me if i am wrong: the white Kreis piping came with the new style of tabs with the eagle. IMO thus kind of styletab should be with black piping. Of course it might be that it was in the transition still worn and the piping was changed to white. And correct as was said, old style unifom silver buttons later style gold ones.
    Just my opinion..
    Cheers Dirk

Kreis white piping was of course featured in the new 1939 PL uniforms. But apparently the white piping change came before the new uniforms, as some old insignia tabs are found with white. Below is the regulation for Kreis uniforms found in Org Books Editions 1-5 (1936-1938). Notice the only mention of gold is for the Kreisleiter. All ranks below include silver collar insignia, silver buttons and chin cord.

The uniform shown below was mine. It is a black piped Kreis Stellenleiter with single silver Treffenwinkel, sivler buttons, buckle and chin cord.

The chart for collar tab insignia is also shown from the early Org Books. The only gold collar insignia is for the Kreisleiter. All others are silver according to the regulations above.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by JoeW; 11-26-2019, 01:07 AM.

Comment

The introduction of the white piping was arranged with order 23/39 and extensively published in the "Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP" from mid-June 1939.
      Section 5 explains the use of the white piping: Paspel an Kragen und Mütze der Politischen Leiter der Kreisleitung der NSDAP. The new uniforms were inspected by Ley in
      May and were already shown to him during a congress in March.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X