Aachen political uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aachen political uniform

I obtained this political leader's uniform (overcoat, Jacket, pants) from an old collection in the US.
    Originally the uniform was taken at the city of Aachen by a member of the US corps of Engineers on October 24, 1944.

I would love to get comments on the tunic.
    It only has te makers tag and no RZM tag inside.
    And would it still be possible to find the name of the person who it orginally belonged to?

thanks!
    Attached Files

Looks great

Mike

Comment

Great tunic and coat.
      The insignia is from 1936-1939 and is for a Hauptstellenleiter at Kreis level.
      It would be imposible to find a name to the group.

Comment

Can you show an image of the entire ribbon bar? Was it acquired on the tunic?

Comment

Aachen tunic

The bar came with the tunic
          Dont know if it was on it originally
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice

Comment

Nice set!

Comment

Originally posted by Koen P View Post
                The bar came with the tunic
                Dont know if it was on it originally
                Thank you. You know, I just noticed the collar insignia and the color of the buttons. Are the rank hash marks on the collar tabs silver or gold? The rank insignia should match the color of the buttons according to NSDAP Org Buch regulations. You might check the color as well as the stitching of the tabs. The tabs look silver on my screen.

Comment

I agree, nice set--rare to see Form 3 white-piped Kreis tabs....
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Nice ribbon bar .. EKII, Bavarian Order Of Merit, Honour Cross for Combattant, Long Service (which may be missing a Faithful Service device ?), Austria, Tyrol & Hungarian WW1 Commemorative medals. Presumably the extra loop to the left would be for when the full medal bar was worn.

Ian

Comment

Beautiful set!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Comment

Damn!

Comment

I am trying to understand these uniforms. Those are gold buttons on a Kreis level tunic? I had asked about the colors of buttons and collar litzen earlier, but received no answer. So I am confused, as the only collar tabs on the tunic should be for a Kreisleiter.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeW View Post
                            I am trying to understand these uniforms. Those are gold buttons on a Kreis level tunic? I had asked about the colors of buttons and collar litzen earlier, but received no answer. So I am confused, as the only collar tabs on the tunic should be for a Kreisleiter.
                            earlier on when piping was black twist you see silver buttons..this coat is fine with gold buttons..what color is the tab listen looks worn and can't tell..but I'm betting on gold. Heres snother example same.config.
                            https://images.app.goo.gl/kqbkNvnAcFhy7G8f6

Comment

Nice tunic!
                              My thoughts and correct me if i am wrong: the white Kreis piping came with the new style of tabs with the eagle. IMO thus kind of styletab should be with black piping. Of course it might be that it was in the transition still worn and the piping was changed to white. And correct as was said, old style unifom silver buttons later style gold ones.
                              Just my opinion..
                              Cheers Dirk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X